The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Technics sl-j3 platter replacement
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Technics sl-j3 platter replacement

Hi there internet audiophile's, I'm hoping to get some information on a replacement platter for Technics sl-j3. I know for the original part my best bet is to just watch eBay, but does anyone happen to know of other brands or aftermarket products that fit this table? Any help is appreciated,
Thanks.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

If you are talking about the round rotating part of the product, you should know that those kind of products and parts are essentially exclusively proprietary, custom made for that specific model (or related models). Your chances of finding a compatible part are essentially zero except for the ones made specifically for that make and model. Do you have a product with a missing or damaged turntable? A very experienced metalworker could probably create a suitable replacement, but you could probably buy several complete units for parts for less than the cost of creating a new one. Replacing the turntable seems very unlikely except from a "donor organ" from a like product.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here is one on Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Technics-SL...EAAOSw4RNdW0QC Probably as cheap as you are going to find a replacement. FWIW

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search