The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Racks and wheels question
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Racks and wheels question

I've been going through rack space pretty quickly recently and I now have more rackable gear than rack space on my desk.

I share my studio space with my djing gear though and have so many records that i've had to use a 4x2 Expedit style rack for lesser used records under the desk. That also means any rack I use will have to be mobile should I wish to get to the records behind it.

I've spent a couple of hours over 3 days looking at possible options and my current thinking is buying one of these racks and adding wheels. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Studio-fl...U/223511254475.

I made a rough template of the dimensions from cardboard to see if it would fit ok though and it's pretty close to what i'm looking for, but it would be perhaps be ideal to also have the bottom rack space raised 2-4 inches (50-100mm) which also makes the wheels option seem that much better. The problem with wheels lies with the design though, in that these racks don't have a flat base, so traditional case wheels wouldn't have the surface area needed to screw into, so I need wheels that are mounted to the sides somehow.

So..... any suggestions on wheels please, or recommended but not overly expensive alternative racks in Europe?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Probably gives a better idea of what I mean. The space between the floor and the sliding shelf is 730mm and the cardboard is a rough template of the rack i'm hoping to buy.

Racks and wheels question-20190801_202128.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Racks and wheels question-20190801_202128.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search