Bunch of Old news
0 Votes - 0%
1 Genius level idea
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Scsi input converted to a more modern connection

Got an Akai DPS12i with the scsi and from my understanding USB made this look like beta max to vhs tape or laser disk to blue ray ... whatever...will it destroy any future value it may unlikely hold to update the connection, is it possible even, is this just an unimportant irritating subject I should overlook or a worthy project? I need guidance. I don't even use it now but I've pondered it for a year as I dust it off. I don't know if I'd use it after, but I'm dying to know if people do it, has it been spoken of, or anything because Google gave me zilch. Not trying to waste anybody's valuable time. I would appreciate anything informative and apologetically hope this wasn't an idiotic inquiry in the first place? Thanks in advance.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

There is less and less SCSI gear (drives, cases, cables, etc.) every month. If you sit on it much longer, you will end up with a fancy doorstop. You may already have passed the era of possible solutions. Time is not on your side.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odom45 View Post
Got an Akai DPS12i with the scsi and from my understanding USB made this look like beta max to vhs tape or laser disk to blue ray ... whatever...will it destroy any future value it may unlikely hold to update the connection, is it possible even, is this just an unimportant irritating subject I should overlook or a worthy project? I need guidance. I don't even use it now but I've pondered it for a year as I dust it off. I don't know if I'd use it after, but I'm dying to know if people do it, has it been spoken of, or anything because Google gave me zilch. Not trying to waste anybody's valuable time. I would appreciate anything informative and apologetically hope this wasn't an idiotic inquiry in the first place? Thanks in advance.
I use VIR DIS -- which is a PCM card that connects my SCSI drives to my PC ..

SO instead of tracking on my VS 2480 - track directly on a external HD & store ..

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/sc...kups-made-easy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search