The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TT vs TRS Patchbays
Old 29th April 2019
Here for the gear

TT vs TRS Patchbays

So i'm in the process of wiring up my studio and I have a 40 channel Allen and Heath GL2800 as my mixing console.
The amount of TRS patchbays I would need for all the OI and outboard gear totals to 5.

So, my question is, is that would it be worth it to save some money with the TRS patchbays, or pony up and get TT?
Which the TT bays would cut the space taken by half, but would essentially triple, or quadruple the cost.
Old 29th April 2019
re patchbay

I have a couple of tt patchbays that I got used on ebay for under $50 for two. I think they are ADS.

I made a nice plywood box for the one I use. I prefer the compact size of the tt vs trs. I think if you are going to use the patchbay with say more than 5 pieces of hardware gear and pc ins and outs and mixer ins and outs you might be happier with the tt size. If you only have a few pieces of gear you are connecting up I can see how TRS might be a better fit.

For tt you are also more limited with cables you pretty much have to go with Neutrik so you have to drop some money there.

MK
Old 29th April 2019
Here for the gear

That's generally what I was thinking and i'm glad I got a second opinion.
I'll just end up getting some second hand solder point patchbays and suffer through soldering.

Thank you for the assistance!

CJ

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search