The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Y split case ...where to buy?
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Head

Y split case ...where to buy?

Hi there

I need to build by myself a special RCA cable and I need 2 of the split showed in the image attached. Anyone know what their name is and where to buy them?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Y split case ...where to buy?-cattura.png  
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

Thats injection molded plastic parts. Just use heatshrink to cover the split.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Head

I think that some years ago I have seen it sold it as a spare parts, it could be open in two side
Old 24th April 2019
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
Mhm I actually prefer to have that split case because I need to build I specific cable and I don't want to use plug extension.
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

As @ Lumbergh observed, that is injection-molded onto the cable during assembly.
It is not a separate piece that is sold as a product.

The closest you could probably get if you want to DIY is to mold a lump of Sugru
It is available in several colors.
The World's First Mouldable Glue
| Sugru

Or you could investigate "Heatshrink Boot Y Transition" products like:
https://uk.farnell.com/raychem-te-co...ack/dp/1296876
Old 28th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by light767 View Post
Hi there

I need to build by myself a special RCA cable and I need 2 of the split showed in the image attached. Anyone know what their name is and where to buy them?

Thanks.
I magnified the name and found the brand is called deleyCon. that image might actually be two mini jacks to phono cables.
but only showing the phono ends. not sure about that though. it's an unusual design if it's a stereo phono to stereo phono.
Old 28th April 2019
Gear Head

Yes the cable of the picture is a deleyCon but I would try to build it on my own because I need it a little different from how is made by them. I'll see if I can make this Y split with some wood.
Old 29th April 2019
You can get similar items from NEWARK https://www.newark.com/Search?st=382A012%2025%200& FWIW
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I'll see if I can make this Y split with some wood.
I have no idea what you are talking about. unless you mean carving out a one in two out form from wood.
if that's what you mean, get some polymorph instead. or just use a glob of epoxy on some grease proof paper.
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

@ light767 has not revealed why this is so important or what the situation is. So it is hard to suggest appropriate solutions?
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Head

Basically I need to make a cable like in the drawing. I would like to use a solid split for the Y branch but as I cannot find it a spare part, I think that I could make one with some wood. I have some Y Cable that I bought in the past and they have the y branch made of plastic (of course not removable).
Attached Thumbnails
Y split case ...where to buy?-s-l1600.jpg  
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

Maybe you can just daisy-chain the 1/4" and RCA connectors on either end with a short piece of audio cable? Electrically it would be equivalent, it just wouldn't look the same.
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Basically I need to make a cable like in the drawing. I would like to use a solid split for the Y branch but as I cannot find it a spare part, I think that I could make one with some wood. I have some Y Cable that I bought in the past and they have the y branch made of plastic (of course not removable).
you don't see many cables made this way because it's an odd way to make a cable like that. I've seen Chinese cable factories and molded cables are usually assisted by hand so they might have made a range like those. but the single cable would have to fan out from that hub. they could prove to be unreliable not to mention the difficulty of doing yourself.
Old 29th April 2019
Lives for gear

Somebody in China probably makes smaller versions of these.
But you may have to learn Mandarin, travel to Schenzen, and order 10,000 of them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-p...608635021.html

Old 30th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
OK I've been resisting this but ... this is (was?) a pro audio forum. That means getting the job done right at minimal cost. You havent mentioned what the wiring construction is for or what cable you are intending to use. Wood, plastic or heatshrink wont make any difference to the signal, its just aesthetics. Which do not matter. Rough guess you have pulled in at least 50yrs of pro wiring experience in this thread and ignored all that hard earned advice. I'd wish you luck with your quest but that would be disingenuous. Out.
Old 1st May 2019
Gear Head

ok here's the deal I need this cable to bring the signal from my phone preamp to my yamaha monitors as right now I cannot manage to change the position of either the turntables or the yamaha monitors so I need a cable so much long. Also I need to put the cable inside a cable duct so this is why I want a single cable that brings 2 signal ( because I haven't enought space to put 2 separate cable inside the duct) so I have some very short Y cable for my guitar and I have thought to made a Y cable on my own to solve this problem that I have.
I have just figure out how to do that I just wanted to put this Y shaped case in the split point to make a better job.

Also I remember that some years ago I find this Y case split sold as spare parts but I really don't remember where I have seen them so this is why i have asked this here.

I'll made something like the image attached. That is an Y cable that I use with my guitar. Of course that is plastic and it comes like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Y split case ...where to buy?-imag7428.jpg  
Old 2nd May 2019
Lives for gear

What you want is NOT what most people know as a Y cable, but a standard stereo cable! A Y cable connects both legs of the Y to a single conductor, and so allows you to send one signal to two separate destinations. On the other hand, you have a stereo signal (i.e. a pair of separate signals), each going to a single place.

Something like https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/092...l-1-4-ts-cable would do the trick (though the RCA's are not right angle connectors). You could also probably find a long enough RCA to RCA stereo cable and use RCA to 1/4" TS adapters, and so construct an assembly that is a bit less expensive, since longer RCA to RCA cables are more common.

I find it a bit hard to believe that you don't have enough room in the cable duct for two separate cables, but you can somehow pull the two connectors through...or maybe this has a removable cover along its length, rather than being something like a length of conduit? Regardless, you're in a much better position to know the physical limitations of the setup than I am.
Old 2nd May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
ok here's the deal I need this cable to bring the signal from my phone preamp to my yamaha monitors as right now I cannot manage to change the position of either the turntables or the yamaha monitors so I need a cable so much long. Also I need to put the cable inside a cable duct so this is why I want a single cable that brings 2 signal ( because I haven't enought space to put 2 separate cable inside the duct) so I have some very short Y cable for my guitar and I have thought to made a Y cable on my own to solve this problem that I have.
I have just figure out how to do that I just wanted to put this Y shaped case in the split point to make a better job.

Also I remember that some years ago I find this Y case split sold as spare parts but I really don't remember where I have seen them so this is why i have asked this here.

I'll made something like the image attached. That is an Y cable that I use with my guitar. Of course that is plastic and it comes like that.
most stereo phono cables come like this. which is two cables sort of stuck together. when they have those extra junction sections, they mostly are not a junction but a rip stop. to stop the two sections ripping apart.

but cables with two phonos to a guitar size jack plug are not usually designed for guitars because guitars do not take stereo jacks. they take mono jacks. so if you put a stereo jack in your guitar using a stereo phono to jack cable, your guitar signal would only go to one speaker.

so maybe you are trying to construct a long mono jack to dual split phono cables.
which I suppose would be an unusual cable, if that is true.

Last edited by Muser; 2nd May 2019 at 07:37 AM..
Old 2nd May 2019
Lives for gear

That is what I would use: Mogami W2528 Dual Unbalanced Cable

OTOH, I have made and used these "kludge" adapters for decades.
They take an ordinary XLR cable and convert it into "stereo" dual RCA.

Y split case ...where to buy?-xlr-rca.png

That allows you to use any ordinary XLR run (portable or in-wall) to interconnect dual-RCA stereo unbalanced.
Good enough for ordinary consumer line-level. Of course not suitable for high-impedance like RIAA phone, etc.

Of course, alternatively you can use 1/4 inch TRS at each end and this kind of break-out:

https://hosatech.com/products/analog...kouts/ypr-257/

Attached Thumbnails
Y split case ...where to buy?-xlr-rca.png  
Old 2nd May 2019
Gear Guru

I always thought cable tester box makers could be missing a trick.
they could slightly redesign and reduce down some of them and sell them as connection format converters.
some small guitar pedal sized format converters could also be very handy to have floating around because
it's often some kind of cable adaption problem you can run into, which prevents some use case or another.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search