The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Babyface Pro to Monotor Studio Headphones
Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear
Babyface Pro to Monotor

I'm planning to buy HD800S headphones, and I'm currently using a Babyface Pro as my headphone out.

The Babyface is struggling to even power my DT 770 250ohm, so im getting a littlelabs monotor also.

How do I go about sending signal to the Littlelabs monotor?

I'm assuming I use a single TRS cable from the Babyface Pro headphone out, but the Monotor takes stereo input?

Do I need to also get a TRS splitter?
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Your Babyface Pro has XLR outputs for Left and Right. Your Littlelabs Monitor has XLR inputs for Left and Right.
Perhaps we don't understand why you don't just go with the straightforward interconnection?
Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
Your Babyface Pro has XLR outputs for Left and Right. Your Littlelabs Monitor has XLR inputs for Left and Right.
Perhaps we don't understand why you don't just go with the straightforward interconnection?
I'm using the XLR outs for my main monitors
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Then you need a stereo break-out cable from the interface headphone output (either 3.5mm or 1/4 inch) to the Left and Right separate inputs on the headphone amp. Something like....

Insert Cable - Hosa

Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
Then you need a stereo break-out cable from the interface headphone output (either 3.5mm or 1/4 inch) to the Left and Right separate inputs on the headphone amp. Something like....
Ok perfect!

Does it matter that it splits into two TS cables?

I'm completely clueless when it comes to cables but I always hear to use TRS cables and not TS? I don't actually know what either means lol
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HacknayStudio View Post
Does it matter that it splits into two TS cables?
There is no option. The headphone output is unbalanced Left and unbalanced Right. So it splits into two unbalanced TS plugs.

Quote:
I'm completely clueless when it comes to cables but I always hear to use TRS cables and not TS? I don't actually know what either means lol
If you have a balanced source (XLR or TRS) and a balanced destination (XLR or TRS) then yes it is prefereable to use a balanced connection (XLR or TRS).

Bur if you have an unbalanced (TS or RCA) source or an unbalanced (TS or RCA) destination, then it is much safer to use a TS cable.

Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear
I've also just read that TS cables are only an issue if they're long, which in this case they wont be.

Thank you for your help, Richard!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search