The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Connecting TRS output of synth to TS input of guitar pedal? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 9th April 2019
Here for the gear

Connecting TRS output of synth to TS input of guitar pedal?

Hi everyone,

I have a few guitar pedals and was looking to get myself a synth to feed into them. I have my eyes on a DeepMind 6 but looking at the specs I'm not sure if it's possible.

The rear panel and manual indicates balanced TRS outputs but no mono option if using only one output (as on the Novation Peak for example). Would inserting an unbalanced TS cable into one of the TRS outputs of the synth and then connecting the TS cable to a guitar pedal be sufficient? Or would this result in interference or worse?

Sorry if there's already a similar topic. I've searched loads but haven't been able to find anything specific to this issue.

Thanks!
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

Using a TS cable should work basically fine. You may have trouble with overloading the pedal's input if you turn the synth's volume up too high; the obvious solution is "don't do that."
Old 9th April 2019
Here for the gear

That's great to hear, thank you.
Old 9th April 2019
Here for the gear

Just to follow up, so is it potential distortion that's the main issue rather than an increase in noise?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search