All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Drum machine and desktop synth stands?
Old 8th April 2019
Lives for gear

Drum machine and desktop synth stands?

Hi

Any alternatives to the Jaspers equipment rack frame

which doesn't cost 400 euros?

I need a way to stack some desktop synths and drum machines in reaching distance but don't have much space and they aren't easily rackable.

I'm in UK.
Attached Thumbnails
Drum machine and desktop synth stands?-equipmentrack1.jpg  
Old 8th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
Hi

Any alternatives to the Jaspers equipment rack frame

which doesn't cost 400 euros?

I need a way to stack some desktop synths and drum machines in reaching distance but don't have much space and they aren't easily rackable.

I'm in UK.
Bumping this. I can’t find a decent (affordable) solution either...
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Maniac

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but people have been using Ikea shoe racks for this sort of thing.
Here's an article on a DJ who built a home studio based on Ikea furniture used in a creative way.

I'm not sure if the "Stolmen" shoe rack is still available, but you might still be able to find one on the second hand market or perhaps Ikea has a suitable replacement.
Old 20th May 2019
Lives for gear
I make a variety of desktop stands for drum machines and small synths. Check them out at KVgear.com or KVgear.co.uk. The Utility L2 is a good option for most drum machines similar in size to the TR-8.
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Maniac

Nice!
I've got a couple of 80's drum machines (DMX and TR-808) which would be nice to somehow stack on top of each other to save space -none of those stands seem to be suitable for the added size of those. Any alternatives (preferrably without breaking the bank)?
Old 29th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmcomposer View Post
Nice!
I've got a couple of 80's drum machines (DMX and TR-808) which would be nice to somehow stack on top of each other to save space -none of those stands seem to be suitable for the added size of those. Any alternatives (preferrably without breaking the bank)?
The only option I can offer right now is the Utility L1 stand for each.

I've been thinking for a while about options for making the Utility L2 stand bigger to hold setups just like yours. I've sketched out a new design that I think will get the job done. Plus, it will be adjustable to fit many different types of gear. It will take about a month before I'm ready to start selling it. Please check back at the end of June and I expect I'll have something you'll really like.
Old 3rd June 2019
Gear Maniac

Cool! Nice solutions you have there.
I did see some sort of stand in a music magazine somewhere, but have no idea what it is/where to get it. I posted it as an attachement in a separate thread posting (scroll to the bottom of the posting). Any ideas what this is? Or an idea for your stand.
Old 5th June 2019
Lives for gear
The pic at the bottom of your post is just a laptop DJ stand. I bought a couple of them a few years ago. They work fairly well. But they can be a bit wobbly in the side-to-side direction. I think they cost around $40 USD each. There are a couple of different manufacturers. You can find them easily on Amazon.com (not sure if you can access the same info we see here in the US).

On a side note, I'm glad I checked out the link to your other thread. I just moved my tiny studio to a different room in my house and I need new stands. That Quicklock Z-555 (might be perfect for me. I'd use it to hold an 88 key controller on the bottom, with the upper tier holding a Prophet 6 and 2 monitor speakers. I might even try to squeeze a couple of bits of rack gear underneath.
Old 5th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Yes, that Quiklok Z-555 is a nice desk. I look forward to expanding mine with various add-ons.

With the optional ZM-97 keyboard tier set you should be able to attach your Prophet 6 (I really want one of those as I've always wanted a Prophet 5 which is out of my price-range) to the top crossbar (see photo below).
Two potential problems you should look into first though: it appears to be no longer available (I haven't checked eBay though) and I'm not sure how far out the keyboard will go (depending on if you'll be playing sitting or standing you really don't want to have to lean over to reach it).

Thanks for sharing your experiences with laptop DJ stands. With heavy and costly drum machines I don't want to take my chances on something flimsy. Are all latop stands wobbly sideways?
An extra wide type (or adjustable width) would probably make it more sturdy, but since they're made for laptops they probably don't come any wider than most standard laptops.

Yes, I can access the Amazon U.S. site, but shipping rates to other parts of the world doesn't make buying from them worth it. But I see they're sold all over the place, so it should be easy to get hold of one, but the sturdiness issue needs to be solved first.
Old 6th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooftree View Post
I make a variety of desktop stands for drum machines and small synths. Check them out at KVgear.com or KVgear.co.uk. The Utility L2 is a good option for most drum machines similar in size to the TR-8.
I can vouch for the quality of the stands and the service- both are excellent
Old 6th June 2019
I have a nice snare drum stand

You can use a snare drum stand to put a drum machine on a midi keyboard.

Another trick is I have my Drumkat mounted on a computer monitor arm!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search