The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Speaker mounting recommendation
Old 5th April 2019
Here for the gear
Speaker mounting recommendation

Hiya!

This should be quick and easy for you guys.

I just got a pair of Yamaha HS-5Is and I'm looking for a good way to mount them.

My first idea was to get the wall brackets and screw them onto my DAW desk, then use them at a 90 degree angle so the speakers are "outside" of the desk surface.

But there's two issues with this:

1- The brackets are black. I wish they were white... I could just paint them, but ugh so much work, and I've never painted anything in my entire life, I'm sure i'd botch the job.

2- I'm having second thoughts about poking holes on my desk, we're talking 8 holes at least, the brackets have 6 holes each so potentially 12. The desk has rounded edges so it's tricky to get them exactly lined up and all that jazz. Also the desk is not the thickest, I'm pretty sure if I try to do this, I'm gonna drill straight through the desk (although, I'm thinking I should do this anyway, to use a nut on the bottom and have the screws be able to hold more weight this way).

Now, this is a sit/stand desk, it has a weight limit. But, these speakers aren't very heavy and right now the desk only holds a trashcan mac pro, and a monitor mount pole with two monitors on it, plus a couple interfaces, a big knob, keyboards and mouse. It'd be nice to have the speakers attached to the desk so they'd go up and down with the desk and thus always stay at ear level whether I'm sitting or standing...

Right now they're on the desk but they're taking up exactly all the space the desk has, and it looks crammed. I also can't really change their placement angles in a reliable way, and I have the mac pro and a microphone arm that make the positioning even more difficult.

I don't want to poke holes in the wall either because this is a rented apartment.

HELP?

P.S.: Picture attached for better visualization/understanding of the situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Speaker mounting recommendation-ngoqami.jpg  
Old 6th April 2019
Here for the gear
Come on. No one???
Old 9th April 2019
Old 10th April 2019
Lives for gear

I have used a pair of laptop mounting arms which clamp to the desk surface.
You don't have to use the larger surface that the laptop sits on.

Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

k&m 26772

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search