The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TRS output to RCA input
Old 25th March 2019
Here for the gear

TRS output to RCA input

Aloha,
New to the forum, looking forward to participating.
I have a Yamaha TF Rack for my mixer and a TASCAM CC 222 for live recording of cassette or CD. The outputs for the tf rack are TRS balanced. The Tascamm has dual RCA inputs for the cd recorder and the cassette recorder. (Input 1 L&R for cd and input 2 L&R for the cassette). I know I have to use TS to rca adapters but not sure exactly which to buy. Would I buy a TS to rca with 2 outputs (split) then plug the TS into the output and split the RCA to the associated inputs ( input 1L with input 2 L, and input 1R with input 2R).

If I bout TRS to RCA adapter could I use 1 Rca to the number 1 L input and number 2 L input or would this be problematic because they are out of phase with each other?.

The only other option I see is to use 4 cables (TRS to RCA) and use 4 outlets from the mixer.
Any recomendations would be appreciated

Mwin
Old 26th March 2019
Lives for gear

If I understand your question properly, you have a Left channel TRS output which you want to connect to two RCA inputs (Cassette Left and CDR left)
And same for the right channel. If that is not what you are asking for, please draw us a diagram or something. Your verbal description is rather confusing.

I would use one of these for the distance between the source and the destination:

Stereo Interconnect - Hosa

And then I would use two of these, one for the Left channel and another for the Right channel.

Y Cable - Hosa

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search