The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
IKEA: Cheap yet highly effective angled stands. Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 23rd March 2019
Here for the gear

IKEA: Cheap yet highly effective angled stands.

Yesterday, while walking through the local mega IKEA (think "Costco from Idiocracy" sized), I stumbled across these, and they just happen to perfectly fit my Novation Circuits and my MPC Live.

BRADA Laptop support - black - IKEA

ISBERGET Tablet stand - blue - IKEA

I'm sure these fit a lot of other gear too.

$13 total to get angled stands for 2 Circuits and a Live that seem like they were made for the devices? WINNING!
Attached Thumbnails
IKEA: Cheap yet highly effective angled stands.-ikea_stands.jpg  
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Guru

if you take some cable which has the outer insulator made from silicone, you can use some of it to glue or slide over the lip edges of the plastic. that way it will produce more grip and transfer less vibrations.
Old 25th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
if you take some cable which has the outer insulator made from silicone, you can use some of it to glue or slide over the lip edges of the plastic. that way it will produce more grip and transfer less vibrations.
Thank you, great tip! I was trying to figure out the best way to do exactly that, especially as the smaller one is lighter and slides around when I grab the controls too aggressively.
Old 30th March 2019
Here for the gear

Following up, instead of cutting up a cable, I found an old thin rubber mouse pad in my "junk box" and cut two 1/4" strips, then superglued them to the bottom contact areas of the smaller ISBERGET.

Now the Circuit in the ISBERGET is solid as a rock, even when I'm a little more aggressive while tweaking the knobs.

The larger BRADA is reasonably stable, given the weight of the MPC and the additional contact area, so no need to modify that one yet.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search