The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Fame VT-12 Tube mic faulty power supply
Old 3rd March 2019
Fame VT-12 Tube mic faulty power supply

Hi,

the power supply of my Fame VT-12 just stopped working. I opened it and saw no obvious signs of default. Does anyone knows which cheap power supply could be used as replacement ?

I read the VT-12 is similar to the Avantone CV-12 or Apex 460. However, the power supply's form factor looks different.

Here's a link to the mic :
Fame Audio Pro Series VT-12
- MUSIC STORE professional

Thanks a lot.

Hekho

Last edited by hekho; 3rd April 2019 at 09:39 AM..
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

That looks like a very straightforward linear power supply; it should not be at all difficult for someone who knows a little about electronics to troubleshoot. I would look into that before trying to find a replacement power supply; however, that being said, it probably would not be too hard to find a suitable replacement if the voltage specifications were known. There appear to be two different voltage produced, one regulated and one apparently unregulated.

Did you check that the fuse, in the little panel just above the cord connection, is not blown?
Old 4th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewE View Post
That looks like a very straightforward linear power supply; it should not be at all difficult for someone who knows a little about electronics to troubleshoot. I would look into that before trying to find a replacement power supply; however, that being said, it probably would not be too hard to find a suitable replacement if the voltage specifications were known. There appear to be two different voltage produced, one regulated and one apparently unregulated.

Did you check that the fuse, in the little panel just above the cord connection, is not blown?
That's good news. Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I am a super nooby when it comes to electronic stuffs and soldering. The fuse looks normal to me, but I will give it a second look. And yes, there is a 115/230 voltage switch. If I can find a cheap replacement, I may just do it.
This one seems to fit the bill :
the t.bone PSU Retro Tube II – Thomann UK
Old 2nd May 2019
Finally it was just the fuse as @ DrewE pointed out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search