The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Budget Boom Vocal Mic Stand Recommendation
Old 2nd December 2018
Gear Maniac

Budget Boom Vocal Mic Stand Recommendation

I need a new vocal mic stand for studio use (preferrably with a boom) sturdy enough to use with a decent condenser (faux U67 style) mic.

The ones I've used until now have been these really old school Atlas stands that were probably designed for stage use but are so frickin' heavy they work just fine. Anyhoo, I need another one and I'm stunned at the prices I've seen on some of the pro models so I'm looking for a 'budget' model that I can trust. It does -not- have to be moved.

I have some old fixed stands I can use with a separate boom if they are sold on their own.

And if this helps with the price, it will be placed on one spot at left there (mostly) PERMANENTLY so I don't need casters or any of that.

Thoughts?

TIA,

---JC
Old 7th December 2018
Lives for gear
What price range are you hoping for?
Old 10th December 2018
I would highly recommend the Ultimate Support MC-125. It's what I use and it can easily handle the heaviest of condenser mics. For a vocal Boom, don't take the cheap way out. Get something that will last and will stay put at the height level that you select. Other booms just do not fare well with condensers and go limp with the added weight.

I know you said you said you don't need casters but with the MC-125 you have the option not to use them.
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
What price range are you hoping for?
Ideally less than $100.

I really don't even need the stand... just the boom arm, I think.
Old 10th December 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
I would highly recommend the Ultimate Support MC-125. It's what I use and it can easily handle the heaviest of condenser mics. For a vocal Boom, don't take the cheap way out. Get something that will last and will stay put at the height level that you select. Other booms just do not fare well with condensers and go limp with the added weight.

I know you said you said you don't need casters but with the MC-125 you have the option not to use them.
Thanks. That -does- look good. Especially if I could get just the boom portion separately.
Old 10th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntower View Post
Thanks. That -does- look good. Especially if I could get just the boom portion separately.
Yes indeed, you can definitely buy the parts separately.

Ultimate Support 17470 MC-125 Microphone Stand Large Boom Arm
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Get a K&M 211/1 telescopic boom arm

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search