The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is the best travel case for two XDJ-700's and a DJM-450 mixer? DJ Mixers
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

What is the best travel case for two XDJ-700's and a DJM-450 mixer?

Hello everyone,

I am moving overseas and would like to know the best (hopefully on cheaper side) way of transporting my setup. I have two XDJ-700's and a DJM-450 mixer. I am open to all suggestions. Thanks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

It is not clear whether you are asking advice about boxing your gear for (presumably 1-time) "moving overseas"?
Or whether you are asking about "travel case"s (which implies frequent packing/unpacking for mobile/remote/outside/location use).

Please clarify. Note that cases that are appropriate for local "gigging" are not necessarily suitable for overseas shipping.
And vice-versa.
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
It is not clear whether you are asking advice about boxing your gear for (presumably 1-time) "moving overseas"?
Or whether you are asking about "travel case"s (which implies frequent packing/unpacking for mobile/remote/outside/location use).

Please clarify. Note that cases that are appropriate for local "gigging" are not necessarily suitable for overseas shipping.
And vice-versa.
Hello Richard. While I am taking my setup overseas, I would like to have a mobile coffin case with wheels to move my set up around. I plan on taking my set up with me as a carryon (if possible). I'm having trouble finding the right coffin case. Thanks.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

What does "overseas" mean?
Where are you located NOW?
Where are you moving FROM?

We don't know what your reasonable options are because we don't know what is available where you are?
If you completed your user profile to at least reveal what country you are in, we wouldn't have to ask.

As you can see from my profile, I am in the US and I just visited Harbor Freight a couple days ago.
They are selling a new range of Pelican-like cases at less than Pelican-like prices. Their brand name is "Apache".
They looked like reasonably good quality, but hard to tell the quality and durability of the materials just browsing in the shop.
For example:

Among the different sizes, the had one long, narrow case that looked like it might be useful for mic stands, etc.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search