The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Best cable to connect Mackie Onyx Artist and Producer to JBL LSR 305? Studio Monitors
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Best cable to connect Mackie Onyx Artist and Producer to JBL LSR 305?

As per title I'd like to ask which cable should I use to get best results in connecting a Mackie Onyx Producer 22 (Onyx USB Interfaces | Mackie) to 2 JLB LSR305 monitors?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

"Best results?" That could mean just about anything.

If you don't know the difference between "balanced" and "unbalanced" connections, and want to know the difference, there are plenty of resources available online that you can use to enlighten yourself. Otherwise, just follow the basic instructions in the product manual(s).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Amazon.com: Hosa CSS-105 1/4 inch TRS to SameBalanced Interconnect, 5 feet: Musical Instruments

or

Amazon.com: Monoprice Premier Series 1/4 Inch (TRS) Male to Male Cable Cord - 6 Feet- Black 16AWG (Gold Plated): Home Audio & Theater

You can pay more for "botique" cable, but I would bet that you really can't hear the difference. Unless you have an over-active imagination.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm also assembling another pc for my kids with spare hardware that I was not using any more.
I need to connect an Alesis Io2 to EDIFIER R980T speakers.

The Io2, from the manual 'use standard (does standard means stereo/balanced?) 1/4" cables to connect this output to a speaker or amplifier system.'

The Edifier R980T on the other hand has on the back :
R980T - Powered Bookshelf Speakers - Edifier International
"The powered amplified bookshelf speakers conveniently connect to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time"

I can't find on amazon.co.uk any cable that would match this combination. Do I have to use adapters or there are cables that can connect those 2 devices without needing adapters?
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search