The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
split audio cable to 2 different amps
Old 15th September 2018
Gear Maniac
split audio cable to 2 different amps

Hi, I wanna know if there is such thing as connecting one pair of speakers to two amplifiers.
Let's say I have one pair of B&W DM330i's and 2 amps when I wanna use my modern amp for dolby surround I don't want to have to plug the cables from my other amp in the modern one again. I would like to have a switch

Modern amp
---------switch
Vintage amp

Is there such thing from aliexpress or anyth?
Old 15th September 2018
Lives for gear

I would consider using something like this. I would open it up and confirm that it is a simple switch.
Note that if you are using this with one pair of speakers and two amplifiers, NEVER switch it to the "A+B" position.
That would short the two amplifiers into each other.

Amazon.com: A/b a B A+b Stereo Speaker Selector Switch Switcher Combiner 2 Way Black Box: Home Audio & Theater

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
I would consider using something like this. I would open it up and confirm that it is a simple switch.
Note that if you are using this with one pair of speakers and two amplifiers, NEVER switch it to the "A+B" position.
That would short the two amplifiers into each other.

Amazon.com: A/b a B A+b Stereo Speaker Selector Switch Switcher Combiner 2 Way Black Box: Home Audio & Theater

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

Isn't there a more simple switch? Without the A plus B ? I'm afraid I would mistake someday and blow my amps up :///

I live in t he Netherlands Europe
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Maniac
yeah, maybe I could make a wooden box and soldering the wires onto some kind of this (random pic from internet)

Or will I lose audio quality?

The switch --> soldered wire ----> audio connector to plugin to the amp see the pic
Old 16th September 2018
Lives for gear

As long as you don't use cheap junk components and use proper termination (soldering, crimping, etc.) techniques, you will not lose quality.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search