The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Different MIDI cables...? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Different MIDI cables...?

Just bought a Komplete Kontrol S88 with the standard (5-pin?) MIDI cable, and discovered that the other end won't connect to my Yamaha Reface DX - it has a smaller cable input, and it appears to be 7 pins(?). My Yamaha synth was bought in Europe, I'm not sure if that would make a difference, up until now I thought all MIDI cables were the same... I asked for a cable with two different ends/an adapter at the Guitar Centre, but they didn't have it, and I don't think they had a clue what I was looking for either. This is weird! Where can I get what I am looking for?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I found the manual for Yamaha Reface DX here: https://www.klangfarbe.com/pdf/S//A-S40911_3.pdf
On page 2 it says that it includes a "MIDI breakout cable (mini-DIN to MIDI IN/OUT)"
If your gadget did not include the breakout cable, it appears that replacements are available from several vendors.
Google reveals:
Guitar Center
Cable MIDI Breakout Cable for Reface CP by Yamaha, ZP893500 | Full Compass Systems
Singular Sound BeatBuddy MIDI Sync Cable | Sweetwater
Musician's Friend

Probably many more.
Of course, confirm that the mini-DIN connector is the proper one for your gadget.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

That one looks familiar, I guess I must have misplaced mine. Thanks for solving the mystery!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search