The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where can I find screws for an atlas sound AD 11B mic stand adapter? Microphone Accessories
Old 16th May 2018
Here for the gear
Where can I find screws for an atlas sound AD 11B mic stand adapter?

Just got a Mackie 802vlz4 and the atlas ad-11b mic stand adapter. The manual says I need "Trilobular thread rolling screws 6-32 x 1/4." I've been trying to find somewhere that will sell these individually. Lots of places online sell them but only in large quantities. Any suggestions as to where to find these screws? Any alternatives? They look pretty similar to machine screws...

FWIW I called atlas sound and Mackie and neither had any idea where to buy them individually. Lowes and Home Depot do not sell them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 16th May 2018
Gear Maniac

On what sort of surface do you plan to mount the stand adapter? I don't see why ordinary 6-32 machine screws wouldn't work if you can get a nut on the opposite side of the surface. As far as I can see from product photos and the CAD drawing, the mounting holes are just unthreaded, through holes.
Old 16th May 2018
Here for the gear
There are 3 holes on the back of the Mackie mixer that these screws go into. I was thinking machine screws would work (as long as they're 6-32 x 1/4") but mackie and atlas sound responded by saying I should get the exact screws suggested. My guess is that the Mackie mixer is already threaded?
Old 17th May 2018
Lives for gear

Any hardware store that sells Hillman fasteners will have them in stock. It is a pretty common fastener. Best of luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Where can I find screws for an atlas sound AD 11B mic stand adapter?-screw.jpg  
Old 17th May 2018
Gear Maniac

Ah, gotcha -- didn't realize that the Mackie was pre-drilled. If you don't have any luck at a hardware store, I'd bet Fastenal probably has them if you have one of their retail stores anywhere nearby. I've never had them complain about splitting a box so I could buy a small quantity of fasteners.

I think the main idea is that they will cut threads into the unthreaded holes without producing as many metal chips as a sheetmetal screw would, and they probably hold a bit more securely.
Old 18th May 2018
Here for the gear
Cool good to know. Turns out there is a fastenal retail store near me. I’ll check it out soon. Thanks for the help/responses!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search