The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keyboard stand for 4+ units needed, minimal space
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Keyboard stand for 4+ units needed, minimal space

Hello everyone -

using a 3 space On Stage Stands keyboard stand A frame. Not terrible but i have a tiny apartment (VERY small) and making maximum use of space is a must. I have decided i need to be able to have more keyboards on one stand. it leaves a lot of space unused which i would like to avoid.

If anyone knows a space saving option, perhaps a metal rack, ideally something that looks better but anything that can fit that many keyboards at a reasonable height I am very interested to hear about. Bonus points if anyone has first hand experience with such racks/stands.

I have seen a photo of a NYC studio using a metal rack to store something like 6 synths in very close proximity. Thinking that might be the route i need to take?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Coolest synth rack I ever saw was in my mentor's studio. It was about 6 feet high and as wide as the longest synth. It was made out of metal pipe and each synth was on a pull out locking shelf. He had it custom made by some local metal worker and he had 6 synths all within easy reach. A good friend of his bought the rack when he got out of the synth recording business. I have no idea what it cost but my mentor never does anything half way so I imagine it was expensive. FWIW

You could also mount your synths to the wall in your apartment using heavy duty brackets like these Amazon.com: John Sterling Dual Trak Adjustable Wood Shelf Bracket, 11-Inch, Bronze, 0122-11BRZ: Home & Kitchen

Best of luck.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Coolest synth rack I ever saw was in my mentor's studio. It was about 6 feet high and as wide as the longest synth. It was made out of metal pipe and each synth was on a pull out locking shelf. He had it custom made by some local metal worker and he had 6 synths all within easy reach. A good friend of his bought the rack when he got out of the synth recording business. I have no idea what it cost but my mentor never does anything half way so I imagine it was expensive. FWIW

You could also mount your synths to the wall in your apartment using heavy duty brackets like these Amazon.com: John Sterling Dual Trak Adjustable Wood Shelf Bracket, 11-Inch, Bronze, 0122-11BRZ: Home & Kitchen

Best of luck.
Dang that sounds cool as hell. I don't know if i know any metal workers...

I ended up going to home depot and getting a 4' wide 2' deep 6 shelf metal shelf that holds a total of 3600 lbs. Cost me $95. It's working very nicely, and the wire shelving helps with holding cables for me
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search