The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
blue cactus
Old 8th April 2018
Here for the gear

blue cactus

when i power on pay plate heats up lights up ready they clicks and no signal I've opened mic tube looks good any advice
Old 9th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by neduardokemper View Post
when i power on pay plate heats up lights up ready they clicks and no signal I've opened mic tube looks good any advice
Not really enough information. Tubes need heater voltage for the filament (which is, I assume what you are seeing) but they also need high voltage DC to power the microphone. Do you have a way to check voltages and are you or do you know someone who is a good tech? I would start with voltage checks*. If you do not have the skill set call the place where you purchased the mic and ask if they can recommend a local tech OR send the microphone back to BLUE for a check out. Tubes can also go "bad". Dealing with tube microphones problems when they "go bad" is a whole different skill set. Best of luck!

*You will need a schematic with the voltages shown. I don't know if Blue supplied that information when you bought the microphone or if they will send you a schematic.

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 9th April 2018 at 01:02 PM..
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear