The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Extreme noise on new Korg Minilogue Desktop Synthesizers
Old 7th June 2017
Here for the gear

Extreme noise on new Korg Minilogue

Hi all

I'm running in a problem with my new Korg minilogue. As soon as the synth is connected via USB there is unwanted background noise (like ground loop noise).

My setup:
- Lenovo T460s
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen
- Korg Minilogue

The same problem exists with the Moog Minitaur. Is there any solution?

Thank you guys!
Old 13th June 2017
Gear Addict

Try different cable.
Try different USB port.
Try using a USB hub, preferably a powered one.

This seems to happen sometimes with USB.
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

Old 7th July 2017
Here for the gear

Thank you guys. I guess it is my usb hub. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I will get a new one and if i still get a noisey sounds out of the korg, i'll buy an usb isolator.

close..
Old 26th January 2018
Here for the gear

Hey Memfixx,

Did you end up fixing this? I've tried loads - new USB cables, no hubs, direct into mac and I'm still getting a humming noise. I also purchased the Behringer Hum Destroyer (HD400), but this didn't fix.

What I've noticed is it only happens when the USB cable is plugged in, even if the Minilogue is OFF - there's still a hum!

I called Korg but they couldn't help me :( has anyone experienced this and solved the problem?

Thanks in advance
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

GuitarHero, and anyone else reading this thread... I too had horrible, horrible grounding feedback when connecting my Minilogue via USB. Here is the product I used which eliminated it: HiFimeDIY USB Isolator Only £23, absolutely did the trick. I still have some grounding noise but that's coming from the audio interface / is present with or without the Minilogue. Need to stump up for a high-end isolator that can handle 192khz bandwidth then it'll be plain sailing!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search