The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Grimm Audio TPR cable. Digital Converters
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansantoso View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been researching to buy 110ohm digital cable and I found out about Grimm TPR. I just bought 20M.

A lot of people has been talking about Mogami 2549 and no one is talking about Klotz MC500 that i think is better.

For what it's worth, I am using Grimm TPR for AES conections, only four feet long, but works a treat.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansantoso View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been researching to buy 110ohm digital cable and I found out about Grimm TPR. I just bought 20M.

A lot of people has been talking about Mogami 2549 and no one is talking about Klotz MC500 that i think is better.

Do you mean Klotz MC5000? I don't see a 500.

The MC5000 is double spiral shield in opposite direction as opposed to 2549's single spiral shield. Gotham GAC-2 AES is also double spiral shield like MC5000.

I'm not sure how they vary in twists. 2549 and GAC-2 seem to use additional tube(?) to maintain the structure, while MC5000 looks like a kind of rubber inner jacket thing for maintaining the twist. I'm not sure which approach among these is the best (TPR included) for symmetry, shielding that covers as much as possible but doesn't add anything to the signal. No drain wire on either.

BTW What else have you compared with the MC500/5000? Your feedback would be appreciated.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Only minor issue I have with the TPR is that they are very stiff, so like if I use them in the rack patch on the desk they stick out rather high in a bigger arch then the usual softer cables! No biggie, but sometimes a little bit anoying.

They sound a bit sharp but very clean and clear, without being able to prove it! Just feelings. :P I think the slight sharpness feeling is just because my system sounds so good now I have a tendency to play a little to loud now and then, and get a litte ear ringing from that the day after, like today.

It sound tremendously good here now, and the full chain is all quality stuff, so the TRP was the last piece of the pussle.. For now!

Very happy with them.

Gonna try power cleaning and power cables some day, but thats for another thread. Streaky swear by it and others I belive in too so I gotta try it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Re reading this whole thread, I might be curious to try the Van den Hul to feed the monitors. It would not hurt to tame the sharp TRP highs a tiny bit, as im very sensitive to those frequencies. I will give it a go next time.

One queation though: everything else being TRP, will it be sufficiant with Van den Hul for only the very last step, to the amps? Or would I need to change from converter to monitor controller also, for it to make its “effekt”. My analog rack is all patched up with TRP also, and used for tracking and 2bus processing, but not for mixing.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search