The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
heap microphone splitter/headphone amps? substitutions?
Old 17th May 2017
Gear Head

Question Cheap microphone splitter/headphone amps? substitutions?

Hi all,
I got a gig coming up and I need a headphone splitter with volume controls for 4 people. I've used some nice ones at studios before, but I saw this online and thought it might work:

https://www.schooloutfitters.com/cat...la-89104865777

Any suggestions for cheap microphone splitter/headphone amp set ups for multiple people? For $25 it seems like it would be worth it, but maybe there's something more appropriate someone could recommend? I'm trying to find something cheap and I need it within a week.

Any recommendations?

Last edited by world sound; 17th May 2017 at 09:45 PM..
Old 19th May 2017
Lives for gear

That would probably work (85% confidence factor). It says "two-way" and it appears to have TRRS connector on the end of the cable. Which implies that it supports the modern connection with stereo audio for your ears plus mono microphone input. But you can probably ignore the microphone circuit feature. When you plug it into a traditional TRS source and use traditional TRS headphones, it simply bypasses the microphone circuit.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Head

Question

Thanks Richard!
I actually bought a Behringer HA400 for $25 yesterday. It seems to work OK, but I'm only getting sound out of one-ear on the headphones
Old 19th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by world sound View Post
... I'm only getting sound out of one-ear on the headphones
There could be a dozen different causes of that problem. Complete details would be necessary to start analyzing the situation.
Old 19th May 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Crowley View Post
There could be a dozen different causes of that problem. Complete details would be necessary to start analyzing the situation.
I think I might need to buy a 1/8" Stereo to 1/4" Stereo cable today and hopefully that will fix it.

Laptop > Scarlet USB interface > two 1/4" cables out into two 1/4" inputs on Fender Passport PA > 1/8" Stereo out to 1/4" input on HA400.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search