The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Female Producers!
Old 23rd October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound girl View Post
I've wondered the same myself?

I recently finished studying music tech/production. For all of 6 years (college & uni) I was the only girl in the class with about 15 guys. Tutors told me they'd only ever had a max of one girl per year. Even if more applied they didn't last long.

It'd be interesting to hear if any others have experienced this and felt like a bit of a lone wolf?

Welcome, sound girl!

What style(s) of music do you produce? What interests you about it?

We had four girls in my class at Full Sail. Two were dedicated, and wanted to become recording engineers. One wanted to be a live sound engineer, and one...well, we don't know why she was there.

I haven't met any women in the "real world" since graduating 20+ years ago, have you? There aren't any here in Tampa, from what I've seen. My friend Kim produces her own music near Nashville; she's the only female in the industry I know personally (other than musicians).

I think it'd be pretty cool if this thread remained open and active, and female engineers and producers used it to discuss issues important to them.
Old 25th October 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by oipoloi86 View Post
Hi all

Female musician here looking for a mix engineer + mastering for my band's debut album which is currently being edited.

Would love to work with (a) female producer(s) wherever possible/compatible. Band is a duo female-fronted pop/grunge/punk with some folky elements and some heavier influences. Influences range from Skunk Anansie to Silverchair, Hole to Tegan & Sara, Green Day to L7.

If you're interested, hit me up, I'd love to hear what you can do. Dudes also welcome to apply! Sound is the most important thing, just like involving women when possible.

Edited tracks for first single should be available in the next week so you can have a listen.
Most people working at a decent level either mix OR master - few do both well.

For mixing you could consider Anna Laverty or Antonia Gauchi - both Australia based. Anna is easily findable online, Antonia is based at Studios 301. Both up and coming so we're not talking superstar mixer rates I'm guessing (though I suppose it depends on budget!).

For mastering there's Mandy Parnell and Emily lazar, although they both ARE very high end engineers and prices to match. I'm not aware of any mid tier female mastering engineers I'm afraid.

Hope that helps!
Old 25th October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
For mastering there's Mandy Parnell and Emily lazar, although they both ARE very high end engineers and prices to match. I'm not aware of any mid tier female mastering engineers I'm afraid.
Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman's. Worked with my wife at A&M and was a protégé of Dave Collins. Great all-rounder, but especially busy with film scores, which are an interesting niche due to the mix of rock and classical sensibilities.
Old 17th November 2016
Lives for gear

Bump ...
Old 1st December 2016
Here for the gear

any female producers in (or close to) Houston TX? that's where i'm from. i'm a darkwave producer/singer with interest also in noise, industrial, acid techno and ambient. would love to make some friends in the area
have you guys checked out female:pressure ? there's a lot of female producers/artists listed there
Old 4th December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinook View Post
female:pressure ? there's a lot of female producers/artists listed there
Second that.

I found Female:Pressure some time ago. They're definitely worth following and sharing music with. They have a soundcloud group that gives good feedback and will do profiles/articles on female producers that get in touch with them.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

a bump for 2017 .. happy new year ..
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
a bump for 2017 .. happy new year ..
Happy New Year back at ya Hey Lady's, do you all have a guy filter? just wondering. I subscribe to this thread back in July or August just to see what your points of view were. Not to Hit on you or be some kind of a Lurking Purve. I just figured their was no activity, Right? Then after all these month's I get a notification on This post. Anyway just thought it odd that maybe we are being isolated because of the opposite sex thing? My God, I was Married for 16 years and widowed for 12 now. I have good educate when there's a Lady in the house. I know I'm probably on some of the guys, ignore list and if so, that because they live in their garages, for that's the only door they can get their heads through You Lady's should jump in on some of the post and be seen and heard. Now I probably shouldn't have vented this, But this thread shouldn't have been filtered, If that's what happened. I'm not here to meet Women, But I don't mind neither. So maybe well find out why you might not be getting acknowledged. And if its suppose to be a private thread, or you want it that way, that's Okay by me. their are some Jerk's but I'm sure you all can hold your own. Now for another question...., How do most of your male clients conduct themselves? Do they try to dominate or treat you like you don't know crap?, are they rude and obnoxious and don't understand that, You can Make or Break them? Ive seen Women that make EVH, almost look like a beginner(well? you know what I mean) so theirs no denying the skills and talent that you Women bring to the table. And I "am" envious

Now watch me catch some crap from the guys, If they're not filtered.
Old 18th January 2017
I'm a nonbinary producer. That's like at least halfway what you were asking for.
Old 18th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLITTERPRINCESS View Post
I'm a nonbinary producer. That's like at least halfway what you were asking for.
Welcome!

Where are you from? Which styles of music do you produce?

Steve
Old 19th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsOfLife View Post
Welcome!

Where are you from? Which styles of music do you produce?

Steve
Im from USA. Doing my weird mish mash of hiphop and vintage synthpop.
Old 8th February 2017
Lives for gear

bump ..
Old 25th February 2017
Lives for gear

bump ..
Old 8th April 2017
Lives for gear

long bump ........
Old 9th April 2017
Gear Addict
It would be awesome if more women started becoming obsessed with producing and mixing. I suspect it would change sounds quite a bit.
Old 5th June 2017
Lives for gear

bump
Old 12th July 2017
Lives for gear

monthly bump ....
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
can we bring this back!? I'm new...but I'm here
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeKess View Post
can we bring this back!? I'm new...but I'm here
very cool, and welcome !!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Welcome, Diane! What kind of music do you produce or record? Which software or hardware do you use for your productions?

Steve
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
What's up! My name is Jane , I'm from Ukraine. I record my own music in Logic and write my own lyrics. Working mostly in RNB and Soul.
Attached Thumbnails
Female Producers!-screen-shot-2017-08-15-7.19.52-am.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesoul View Post
What's up! My name is Jane , I'm from Ukraine. I record my own music in Logic and write my own lyrics. Working mostly in RNB and Soul.
Nice setup!!

what pre is in that lunchbox ?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilfredoFernando View Post
Nice setup!!

what pre is in that lunchbox ?
It was a Heritage Audio 1073. Now I use the Apollo Solo.

Here is a sample from the 1073. I am better at mixing these days

https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/ids...3-e28d0c5d5de9
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Very nice setup! (Makes me think I should clean my desk!)

Are those KRK Rockit 5s or 6s you have?

Do you have a SoundCloud link you'd like to share?

Steve
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowsOfLife View Post
Very nice setup! (Makes me think I should clean my desk!)

Are those KRK Rockit 5s or 6s you have?

Do you have a SoundCloud link you'd like to share?

Steve
No no , its always so messy usually.

My Soundcloud was deleted : ( ,

I post music to my website, it's Janesoul.com
Yes, KRK5.

Here is my Rihanna Stay cover. Im happy to share more music.
Attached Files

Stay 24 48.m4a (7.45 MB, 107 views)

Old 1 week ago
All of our SoundCloud accounts were almost deleted last week.

I can only play the first note of the track you posted here, no matter how many times I try to play it. I don't have anything running in my browser that would keep it from playing, so I'm not sure where the problem might be.

I've had my KRK Rokit 5s for a few years now, and I really like them. What do you think of yours? I would have liked to have gotten the 6s or 8s originally, but they would have cracked my glass desk. I'd like to get the sub for them, but it's ridiculously expensive. I don't do enough work that requires a sub to justify the cost, but it would be nice to have the low-end covered a bit better.

Steve
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

hi jane, FYI: your track included in your post is playing fine here on my mac(s) .. sounds good !!! nice work and welcome .. cheers john
Old 6 days ago
Here for the gear
Hi Steve,

I forgot that I did make a new account and the first one was deleted: https://soundcloud.com/jane_soul_life
Rockits are .. ok. I didn't try any other speaker.

So happy you like my cover, John.
Attached Files

Wicked Games Mp3.mp3 (8.98 MB, 47 views)

Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Hi Steve,

I forgot that I did make a new account and the first one was deleted: https://soundcloud.com/jane_soul_life
Rockits are .. ok. I didn't try any other speaker.

So happy you like my cover, John.
I love it, nice job !!
Old 6 days ago
I'm not producing yet, but I hope to do so in the future. I make synthpop with a strong disco/italo/boogie/soul influence and am planning to put my first DJ mix out soon.

Link to music (two demos and a collab) here:
http://soundcloud.com/rosecorps
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search