The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wish I had a good singer to work with
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Wish I had a good singer to work with

I realize that doing these at home will always be demos. When I get in to mixing my own songs I can obsess and then I realize that is ridiculous because all these will ever be is demos, Iwould love to be able to record at a real studio but just isn't in the cards.

Anyway, any tips would be cool, I can still edit the tracks so if you have a good monitoring space by all means let me know what I should alter or fix.
Thanks Much

https://soundcloud.com/user-281809016/p ... -your-mind
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Guess I better get the link right

https://soundcloud.com/user-28180901...e-of-your-mind
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Not really my genre , but I'll give it a go. At times it felt like the drums had the wrong bpm or maybe the guitar was out of time with the drums. Over 5 minutes is entirely too long. Seemed overly repetitive .
If that's you singing , it's not too shabby. I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit . Over all I'd say it's a solid effort. Is the lead double tracked or is that just an effect?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffguitar View Post
I realize that doing these at home will always be demos. When I get in to mixing my own songs I can obsess and then I realize that is ridiculous because all these will ever be is demos, Iwould love to be able to record at a real studio but just isn't in the cards.

Anyway, any tips would be cool, I can still edit the tracks so if you have a good monitoring space by all means let me know what I should alter or fix.
Thanks Much

https://soundcloud.com/user-281809016/p ... -your-mind
To me, the guitars are distractingly loud compared to the rest of the tracks. As a producer, I feel the track feels a bit slow. I personally would increase the tempo.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbles View Post
Not really my genre , but I'll give it a go. At times it felt like the drums had the wrong bpm or maybe the guitar was out of time with the drums.
Yeah, it seems like the guitars keep getting ahead, like the player wants the tempo to be faster. And as eagle007 suggests, maybe the player is right about this. But if that's the tempo, relax and wait for it to happen.

I agree that the vocal isn't bad at all. I also agree that the track is a bit long, and might benefit from a bit more "story arc" in the mix/arrangement.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Nice!!!

I'm new to this but here's my few cents. Mix balance feels a little off to me. It doesn't sound bad mind you. I think you can extend the bass and bring it out more. I think vocals are decent but I'd use a little more compression as they go out of mix a good few times. From production perspective I like the vibe of the track and if it was me I'd consider an organ filling low mids and between organ and bass they could almost replace main rhythm guitar part. This way you could use this guitar in a different way. It occupies similar space to vocals right now and being out of time occasionally distracts somewhat. Overall I enjoyed it. I would definitely not worry about your vocals.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear