The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for Dark Synthwave Artists/Producers interested in collaborating w animation
Old 12th May 2020
Here for the gear

Looking for Dark Synthwave Artists/Producers interested in collaborating w animation

So while a competent musician and engineer myself, I am actually a far more skilled filmmaker and animator and am currently working on a fully animated piece I am developing as part of a larger grant proposal. In order to focus on the quality of animation, I am deferring to the talents of other musicians/composers/artists/engineers in order to fill in the gaps musically. What I am looking for, are any creators of Dark Synthwave that would be willing to allow their music to be used in my animated proposal. It doesn't matter if it's something new, or music you already have released, so long as it is hard hitting and high in quality.

About the animation itself, it is an original story I created called "Black Omega". It's highly influenced by Cyberpunk, Film Noir like Blade Runner, the classic films of Takashi Miike with Takeshi Kitano and John Woo with Chow Yun Fat, as well as anime like Appleseed, Lupin the 3rd and Cowboy Bebop. You can see the character design on my Artstation page here (https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oOkxxm)

If for some reason you are interested and have several songs that you can contribute (which would make my life a ton simpler if I can keep the sound of the entire film uniform), I would be more than happy to discuss possibly creating an animated music video for a song of your choice, just to show my added appreciation for your assistance.

Please contact me directly here, or via my Artstation page, and be sure to add links to your music.

Thanks in advance for any interest. I look forward to hearing some amazing work!
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for Dark Synthwave Artists/Producers interested in collaborating w animation-black_omega_poster_resize.jpg  
Old 13th May 2020
Gear Addict

I wouldn't call it synthwave, but I have a project I'm working on with slow, dark synth driven music. If you want, have a listen at:

https://manosventouras.bandcamp.com/album/doomwave-ep

and let me know if it works for you.

Cheers
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear