The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drone Bed ... any Sound Accepted .. want to Contribute !!!!
Old 14th April 2020

i am working on a Drone Based Song ... the end of the song will be sounds from around the World Together !! i will use as many as i can use before it gets to Busy ..

i will have the track up in a few days ... working out the Key for this .. my first sound is an Air Compressor .. curious to see if it is in a "KEY" or if i have to tune it .. feels good right now singing along in the air .. no Pun !!

just asking for people to Drone along with Voice, Digieridoo, any instrument or Sound that can sustain is welcome ...

sustain as long as you can ... and breathe away from microphone before you continue .. helps with Editing on my end ..

Unison, Octaves are most welcome .. 3rds, 4ths, 5ths, 6ths, 7ths (dominant and major 7ths), 9ths !!! if you are felling it ..

micro tone Ad Libs are welcome as well .. but they will be used sparsely ... as they should be ...

Please make your file have the Same Start Position Bar 1 - the track does not start until Bar 5 .. this is how i would prefer to do this .. i need the extra bars ahead for something else .. thx for understanding ..

so standby for track coming Soon !!!

cheers john
Old 14th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
Please make your file have the Same Start Position Bar 1 - the track does not start until Bar 5 .. this is how i would prefer to do this .. i need the extra bars ahead for something else .. thx for understanding ..
I guess you should add the tempo.
Old 14th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
I guess you should add the tempo.
since this is a drone .. there really is no Ryhthm .. i should suggest "urge to create some rhythmic patterns ... just hold single notes" .. other than the Ad Libs if anyone wishes to try .. these can be arhythm as well .. and if there turn out to be any "beats" per se, i can move them into place or use them in a different way i have not thought of as of yet ..

thx for the heads .. cheers
Old 14th April 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
since this is a drone .. there really is no Ryhthm .. i should suggest "urge to create some rhythmic patterns ... just hold single notes" .. other than the Ad Libs if anyone wishes to try .. these can be arhythm as well .. and if there turn out to be any "beats" per se, i can move them into place or use them in a different way i have not thought of as of yet ..

thx for the heads .. cheers
I apologize, I thought you wanted the empty bars to have all the sounds starting in sync.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
I apologize, I thought you wanted the empty bars to have all the sounds starting in sync.

Cheers
yes, the DRONE relatively starts at Bar 5, without a Click ... i wanted the option of creating the tempo later ... this just gives everyone a starting point ... and since no one can hold there breathe forever (except for circular breathers like DIgi, Sax players) there will be odd places where breaths are taken .. i will smooth these out with FX .. and with other tracks ..

not going to be more than a minute or so of this used in end of the Song .. maybe a smaller Teaser earlier on too ..

i do not want to overwhelm anyone with this either .. and some times too much direction stifles creativity !!!

again thx for the help refining my Post !! cheers !!!
Old 14th April 2020
i will add one more thing .. all the intervals i stated above .. some can be major or minor intervals .. i will use them all .. PLEASE, try and Label as best you can !!!

here is the dropbox link .. 4 files .. one Stereo File with 3 octaves of Organ left and drone right / Organ Only / Drone Only ... file name has all info but: in case

24/44.1 Tempo 108 Key of "D" files should be placed at Bar 1 - Drone Sound comes in at bar 5 .. you can loop it if you like for more time to Drone On !! your call .. donot make it too hard on yourself !!

lets see what happens !!! thank you all in Advance !!! looking forward to hearing what you all have to offer !!!! a Little Social Droning Never Hurt Anyone !!! Namsate !!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bizalqovx...i4RR75xga?dl=0

cheers john

PS .. i sang on a piece when Collaborations just started here .. person had many people singing backgrounds .. very cool ..
Old 15th April 2020
i have my 1st track .. a Digieridoo !!!
Old 5th May 2020
ok, well the response has been so good ... i am going to say thank you to all that contributed here at GS ... i have all i need from other sources ..

cheers john

please close this thread
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear