The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Singer Songwriter looking for partner / producer/engineer
Old 27th January 2020
Gear Head

Singer Songwriter looking for partner / producer/engineer

Hey GS,

Not a ton of context needed really; I'm a one-man band at this point and my lack of engineering chops (all self-taught) is legit holding me back from getting everything I want out of my tunes but also, in general, making it difficult to finish stuff.

I have an extensive music background and am addicted to making music and was just hoping to find someone who is as enthusiastic and hopefully artful about production and mixing.

I'd love for this to be a true partnership/collaboration. I'd love to be able to bounce musical ideas back and forth, work stuff out, and have both the music and the production be something to be proud of. And hey, like most anyone here, I'd love for this stuff to be successful and appreciated by a broader audience.

So far I have a couple hands-full of songs on soundcloud, mostly indie pop/dance/alt with a little R&B flavor, but I'm pretty open to all genres. I have many MANY more unreleased/unfinished songs that could be fun to work on OR, if this is interesting to you and you have visions of starting everything from scratch, I'm cool with that too!

Mostly just craving some collaboration and hoping to learn and be challenged by someone.

Thanks so much for your consideration - again, happy to send you my soundcloud if any of this sounds interesting!

THANKS!
Old 31st January 2020
Here for the gear

Hi ICW, probably would more likely attract someone if they could check some of your music....anyway, best of luck and wishing good times with your music
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Head

You're totally right...sorry!

Thank you!

www.soundcloud.com/icw
Old 24th July 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

"Be" is a great song! Needs to be finished and is very today. Also needs a great mix. Anymore songs like this? Good stuff.

Marc
Old 7th August 2020
Here for the gear
ICW!

great ideas!

why do i say this?

because good songs with great ideas can be put into many different genres.

you chose the genre of electronic/pop
you could mold your ideas into pop-metal or hiphop or dark-country too.

your ideas work for me in any genre.
i like your ideas.

something that has to do more with social-acceptance and less with your musical-ideas

i think you could lose the auto-tune thing. you have a strong and at the same time sensitive man-voice. reminds me a bit of depeche mode - dave gahan or morrisey.

i guess you use the auto-tune to reach those higher registers?
it might be interesting to "learn" head-voice from a trained singer (ken tamplin does an eccentric but quite wonderful job here)

if i simply misinterpreted your intentions because i did not listen to all of your catalouge then please forgive me.

in any way, if you are interested you could send me some sketches and i add some of my work and see if we both like where it is going.

pm me if you are interested.

cheers,
michael
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
"Be" is a great song! Needs to be finished and is very today. Also needs a great mix. Anymore songs like this? Good stuff.

Marc
Thank you, Marc! Any chance that means you'd want to work on it with me? I suppose I can take this off-air, but wanted to thank you for your kind words!
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by herzensdrang View Post
ICW!

great ideas!

why do i say this?

because good songs with great ideas can be put into many different genres.

you chose the genre of electronic/pop
you could mold your ideas into pop-metal or hiphop or dark-country too.

your ideas work for me in any genre.
i like your ideas.

something that has to do more with social-acceptance and less with your musical-ideas

i think you could lose the auto-tune thing. you have a strong and at the same time sensitive man-voice. reminds me a bit of depeche mode - dave gahan or morrisey.

i guess you use the auto-tune to reach those higher registers?
it might be interesting to "learn" head-voice from a trained singer (ken tamplin does an eccentric but quite wonderful job here)

if i simply misinterpreted your intentions because i did not listen to all of your catalouge then please forgive me.

in any way, if you are interested you could send me some sketches and i add some of my work and see if we both like where it is going.

pm me if you are interested.

cheers,
michael
Hey thank you, Michael! I definitely appreciate the feedback; I think the auto-tune has been the most polarizing thing about my music and something I've tried to tone down as I've continued to write. One of my big problems is simply trying to mix and produce my own vocals, which is a true struggle. I use auto-tune to help change the sound of my voice so I don't lose interest (bc I'm not the biggest fan of my own voice). The funny thing is that I'm far better with intonation in the high register but again, I like that the tuning changes the sound. All that said, I have all the vocal training in the world but have almost no experience singing into mics (I'm classically trained, was a vocal performance major in college, what a great use of money...). So here again, someone with direction is most welcomed! I'd be happy to DM and share ideas - mostly, as mentioned, just craving some collaboration!
Old 8th August 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icw View Post
Thank you, Marc! Any chance that means you'd want to work on it with me? I suppose I can take this off-air, but wanted to thank you for your kind words!
Sent you a PM. Let's do it...
Old 10th August 2020
Lives for gear

That voice could go a long way - there's real raw power there.
Old 10th August 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetz View Post
That voice could go a long way - there's real raw power there.
Dude, thank you so much! Just gotta learn how to use a microphones better...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

How’s the collab working out? I’ve got some music, need a singer....
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear