The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lost Studio - Need a mix please.
Old 5th November 2019
Lost Studio - Need a mix please.

Hi, long story short I moved from UK to AU last year where I left behind my own studio setup and had this track shelved for awhile.
I don't have the acoustic facility to mix now (was never a pro either).
I was looking for a mix, then master upon completion. If somebody could help me out it would be much appreciated.
Soundcloud link below:
https://soundcloud.com/sprogyniro/love-hate-3
Old 28th November 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprogyniro View Post
Hi, long story short I moved from UK to AU last year where I left behind my own studio setup and had this track shelved for awhile.
I don't have the acoustic facility to mix now (was never a pro either).
I was looking for a mix, then master upon completion. If somebody could help me out it would be much appreciated.
Soundcloud link below:
https://soundcloud.com/sprogyniro/love-hate-3
Hey man. I'm looking for material to mix myself. I would be happy to take on this project if no one else has yet.
Old 29th November 2019
Hi and thanks for the offer.
I did manage to get the track finished up. Two guys happened to jump on the post straight away and mix within the first few days within a day of each other.
Both did a great job, one happened to master as well which his the one I currently have uploaded. Cant thank them enough and the other 3 or 4 offers that I also received.
First time I have ever asked for help and just shows how good the forum is for this sort of thing, and that people are willing to help.
Hope to use in the future and hope I can assist similarly.

https://soundcloud.com/sprogyniro/love-and-hate
Old 29th November 2019
Lives for gear
It's great that multiple people piled in - real community spirit - however the remix has overdone the widening a bit, listen to the intro in mono - lots of phase issues - most of the bubbly effect disappears and there's an enormous volume jump as the song starts. Maybe it's my monitoring (hopefully!)
Old 30th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scragend View Post
It's great that multiple people piled in - real community spirit - however the remix has overdone the widening a bit, listen to the intro in mono - lots of phase issues - most of the bubbly effect disappears and there's an enormous volume jump as the song starts. Maybe it's my monitoring (hopefully!)
Since I did the mix, I'll jump in . That was a conscious decision on my part as it made a big difference to me. The intro loop had some mono issues as it was, so I decided to spread it out a bit to make some space as the problem was going to be there no matter what I did. The real issue these days with mono compatibility is how it sounds on peoples phones, and the subtle use of the waves S1 plugin made no difference when listening to it on phone speakers. Good catch, but hardly an issue by any means.

The volume jump at the beginning is to create "impact", it's just boring if there isn't any dynamic in there.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search