The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Licencing a song for a product presentation
Old 1st October 2019
Here for the gear

Licencing a song for a product presentation

Hello.

We, a very small developer team, are currently developing a free VST / AU / AAX graphical Equalizer plugin which is almost ready to be released.

For a Youtube video as the product presentation we are looking for a song to demonstrate the capabilities and usage of the EQ.

Possible genres:
Pop
Elektro-Pop
Rock
Fusion
Soul

It has to have English vocals.

The goal is to create a mix, where for EQing only the new developed EQ would be used.

The song has to be already written and produced, or currently in progress and to be finished within the next days.

What we need is...

1) the original mix as a reference

2) a multitrack version where all EQs are bypassed to create our own mix using only the new EQ (in addition to the other present FX which remain active)

3) a dry multitrack version with no FX at all for us to try our own mix from scratch, if necessary.

I would like to start by trying to produce the mixes of 2) and 3) myself, but if I fail for some reason, the original producer can give it a try as well by using a beta version of our EQ.

The reason why I post this in the "collaborations" section is that as an alternative to a paid license, it can also be considered to have the song artist and/or producer linked in the video description for all interested viewers.

Of course I cannot promise a certain amount of views or success, but just for reference: the product video of our first free product, a popular drum VST called "MT Power Drum Kit", generated a decent amount of almost half a million views so far over the years.

It is not planned to play the whole song in the video. So interested people will still go to the artists/producers official video or website to hear the original song and more of his/her work.

But as mentioned, this can be considered as an alternative. A paid license for using the track is also acceptable.

You should own all rights to the song/s you submit and it has to be assured that the song won't be flagged by Youtubes content ID system. If it is already registered in the content ID system, you would have to whitelist us.

Please send the link/s to your demo track/s in a PM.

To avoid having to download each file, please upload it somewhere where it is streamable directly in the browser, like here for instance:
https://streamable.com/

...or on your own cloud hoster like Google Drive or Dropbox. Anything that has its own audio player.

Thank you very much.

Daniel from MANDA AUDIO
Old 3rd October 2019
Here for the gear

No submissions so far...

Does anyone have an advice for a place where I could post this request, where there are actual songwriters and producers of the genres I am looking for? I would appreciate it.

If there is anything wrong with the format or content of my request, like my English for instance (German here), please let me know as well.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search