The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Good, simple place to learn complete music composing/making?
Old 13th July 2019
Here for the gear

Good, simple place to learn complete music composing/making?

I have keyboards. I have DAWs. I have some OK VSTs. I've done piano lessons and some music theory. Now, where do I actually learn to make/"compose"(?) entire songs from scratch..? Song 'structure'/form/ingredients and such.

As MIDI(or tracker) notation is probably the worst way, I am fine learning to create with standard notation, on paper or in software(Mixcraft/MuseScore). Whatever is the easiest way, preferably!

Thanks!

EDIT: Er, wrong sub-forum..? D: Lemmy know, if you wanna try to help me out in Discord or somewhere! =p
Old 16th July 2019
you're pretty much asking how to create music. The best answer i can give you is, however you want. You will need to develop your own workflow. unlike your statement, i prefer using midi because of the VI's i'm using, i can dial in both the music notation, velocity, articulation as well as copy/paste orchestral instruments to create layers and hear the different timbre's that is made.
But that is my process and someone on here will tell you they do something different.
Old 17th July 2019
Lives for gear

Check out Mike Verta's master classes.

https://mikeverta.com/

If you don't know which one(s) to start with, shoot him an email. He is very approachable.

Cheers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search