The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for vocalist - The forever lament Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 12th March 2019
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head
Update:
I went on vocalizr to look for a singer. The first impression was sticker shock, but I found prices are negotiable and was able to find a singer with a really good voice who's can do all seven songs for a reasonable price so I'll be going this route since it's faster and due to the good vocal quality and allows me to put this project to bed without further ado.

Also pinged a musican friend in NM who wants to do the tracks (for free, of course, love of music and all) so I'll give him a crack at it also.

Zero responses from this site and zero responses from the Cakewalk site. Not sure what's up with that. I'm pretty suprised to be honest. I would have thought more interest from hobbyists, musicians with love of music, people in it for artistic expression, etc.

Zero responses from local Craiglist, which is not suprising since there's a very limited music scene in Silicon Valley.
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Nut

Hey man,

Pretty cool stuff. Reminds me of Steely Dan, which I love.

Well, I could give it a try if you want. English is not my native language, though, but I think a little bit of an accent could give it some charm.

Here are two recent classic rock cover tracks I did just for fun:

I believe your songs would require a softer vocal approach, but I think I can manage.

Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Just one thing: Is it all MIDI/VSTi?
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMorgan View Post
Well, I could give it a try if you want.
Definitely. I'll PM you now.

Quote:
Just one thing: Is it all MIDI/VSTi?
Yeah all the songs are vsti except for "Grey Skies" which has real bass and real drums.
Old 2nd April 2019
this maybe a long shot but have you tried finding someone on Fiverr?
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by bainmack View Post
this maybe a long shot but have you tried finding someone on Fiverr?
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, in fact I have gone on there, but it's kinda hit-and-miss. Maybe the higher-priced vocalists are better, but I dont' want to spend that kind of money, so I've tried a couple lower-priced ones and I'm not entirely happy with it (with the exception of "forever lament", I want to replace all the vocals on the rest of those tracks.)
Old 2nd April 2019
yup I know what you mean.

good luck man. let us know how it turns out

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search