The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
bandhub is shutting down
Old 1st March 2019
Unhappy bandhub is shutting down

I just got an email saying Bandhub shutting down March 15th.

anyone use bandhub?
Old 1st March 2019
Here for the gear

re. Bandhub is shutting down..

Yeah, what a bummer! Bandhub was a great platform. A great way to practise and musically meet with fellow musos.
Obviously the team who were running Bandhub could not raise enough revenues to keep the costs covered, so they will have to shut it down.
I would have expected that they will be able to sell the complete existing platform with the name and thousands of members and 1.2Mio recorded tracks to a bigger player in the music industry who can use it to attract customers. I wonder why this did not happen.
Any alternatives?
Old 2nd March 2019
Not sure of alternatives.
But, perhaps because its an unsustainable business model.
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Addict

There's a collaboration site called BandLab.com that claims to have millions of registered users (who knows what the actual number is), and there's a lot of good infrastructure and ability to use and share the free basic DAW (built into and part of the site) as well as to download and use and export from the professional "Cakewalk by Bandlab" DAW (formerly Cakewalk Sonar with vast number of improvements) for greater Mix/Mastering professionalism. You have your choice of the simple DAW or professional DAW to use.

The problems that have not yet been addressed, though, are the countless number of Rap and Hip-Hop people who upload and label their material as Rock. The number of complaints about it is huge, but it has not been addressed by the company. So trying to find artists you want to collab with is extremely taxing, trial and error listening experience. You click on a track that reads "Rock" and it's not. There needs to be some type of professional moderator involved that can take control of the problems and do something about it, as well as some other social media issues that need to be addressed for users on the site to enhance the collaboration effort.

But the company is constantly making improvements and delivering on their promises. So I suspect this site to be the one that gets the most recognition as the months and years go by.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post

The problems that have not yet been addressed, though, are the countless number of Rap and Hip-Hop people who upload and label their material as Rock. The number of complaints about it is huge, but it has not been addressed by the company. So trying to find artists you want to collab with is extremely taxing, trial and error listening experience. You click on a track that reads "Rock" and it's not. There needs to be some type of professional moderator involved that can take control of the problems and do something about it, as well as some other social media issues that need to be addressed for users on the site to enhance the collaboration effort.

But the company is constantly making improvements and delivering on their promises. So I suspect this site to be the one that gets the most recognition as the months and years go by.
that won't be enough to save the company, I can guarantee it'll go bust within 2 years.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
that won't be enough to save the company, I can guarantee it'll go bust within 2 years.
Try again, my friend. This is the same company that bought Rolling Stone magazine.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/25/ba...rolling-stone/
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post
Try again, my friend. This is the same company that bought Rolling Stone magazine.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/09/25/ba...rolling-stone/
do you work for the company?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
do you work for the company?
Nope.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search