The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to find a female vocalist who'd suit this track (mix tips also welcome!)
Old 24th February 2019
Lives for gear

How to find a female vocalist who'd suit this track (mix tips also welcome!)

Hi folks,

I have this track, eletronica with some draft live violin on it, that we're seeking a female vocalist for, one of those special ones that came out of nowhere (on xmas eve as it happens), we're thinking nordic / gaelic vibes but thoughts welcome. Does anyone know any singers interested in niche electronica projects?

Any mix tips also welcome, esp. on live strings, which i've never recorded before.

GP2 by MusicWithMyFriends | Music With My Friends | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Many thanks

George
Old 25th February 2019
Lives for gear

Awesome track. Love the space & subtle support you leave for the vocalist. I will keep my eyes open. I think you get quite a few offers. well done.
Old 25th February 2019
Lives for gear

Try vocalizr dot com... tons of vocalists there
Old 25th February 2019
Lives for gear

Hey thanks folks, always good when someone digs your work, and that vocalizr sight looks very interesting.
Old 25th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ999x View Post
Hey thanks folks, always good when someone digs your work, and that vocalizr sight looks very interesting.
Good ideas... you know there is also sooo much talent in local neighborhoods... might be good to ask friends and put a line out there. In NYC I never had a lack of a good vocalist. And in the Jazz world many great vocalists would probably love to lay a track for just the fun of it and exposure... the A to B listers might want to ok the mix/master... but if you liked it and they didn't you could forego the credits, one question do have lyrics? If you don't PM me I might be of help / for free an the fun of it...tc
Old 25th February 2019
Lives for gear

@GJ999x try Music Production & Composition if you need a vocalist
Old 26th February 2019
Lives for gear

hey thanks folks this is v helpful!! I dream of a queue of vocalists lol. Lyrics welcome!
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

If this is car chase music - I might think a highly filtered voice in the style of Starcadian of GS. Might fit well... YouTube
or other.

Lyrics of a modern day 'Radar Love' thing might fit too.
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear

Hehe thanks man! Car chase music is my sig track tho, the acid techno one? The subject of my original post is "GP2"
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Lyrics welcome!
Cool song.

Question - So there are no lyrics yet? Is that correct? You're potentially looking for someone to write lyrics and sing. Do I have that correct?

I know someone but thy would only consider it if they are also writing lyrics.
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Hey folks, thanks so much for this.... not really sure how to proceed!! .... basically as long as you dont mind me retaining rights to do my own eventual vocal mix, i'd be inclined to let anyone who wants to have a go, have a go, and i would be bowled over to hear the results. If you're interested, hit me up via. PM and i'll send the unmastered wav and i'd be overjoyed to hear others versions of it.
Old 12th March 2019
Gear Head
Curious as to if you've had any luck finding a vocalist? I'm looking for a vocalist (male or female) for 7-8 tracks of my own. Just wondering if you've had luck here or on other sites...
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hey folks, thanks so much for this.... not really sure how to proceed!! .... basically as long as you dont mind me retaining rights to do my own eventual vocal mix, i'd be inclined to let anyone who wants to have a go, have a go, and i would be bowled over to hear the results. If you're interested, hit me up via. PM and i'll send the unmastered wav and i'd be overjoyed to hear others versions of it.
Do you have either lyrics or melody for this? Or do you have something as a reference to what you would like melody wise?
Old 1 week ago
Female vocalist available

Hello friends,

My name is Jovana, professional session vocalist.
Check out my Website and YouTube and feel free to contact me for your projects.

Email: [email protected]
Youtube: YouTube

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search