The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Violin in Los Angeles (or online...maybe) Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th July 2018
ccg
Gear Maniac

Violin in Los Angeles (or online...maybe)

Hello,

I'm looking for a single violinist for sort of a slow, dark indie ballad type tune. Think maybe about something like Tindersticks, Nick Cave or even a Grizzly Bear thing, but not any of those.

The song is complete with live, real drums, piano, guitars and vocals. Likely just looking for embellishment in chorus sections, but open to discussing arrangement/additions in certain areas of verses as well.

Recording at our well-equipped residential studio in Pacific Palisades preferred, but open to discuss other ideas if you've got the experience, talent and recording capability.

This needs to be completed in July ideally. This is a session gig that pays. Performer will be expected to sign a standard session musician release.

Let's talk!
Old 14th July 2018
Gear Guru

I know a zillion great players who read, but you want someone who will help you make up the parts, right?

I'll let you do the Googling -- Michael Levine in Topanga is great. Brynn Albanese is amazing but she's in San Luis Obispo so you'd have to work that out. Here's a live radio thing I worked on with Brynn.

And there's this guy -- he's reading off a chart, but I think he also wrote it.

But hey, this is LA, there must be a bunch more out there. Good luck!

Late add -- Marina Manukian. Great classical/session player and sight-reader, but she can wing it, too. In Glendale.

Last edited by Brent Hahn; 14th July 2018 at 04:38 PM..
Old 14th July 2018
ccg
Gear Maniac

Thanks Brent!

Yeah, for some reason I just haven't been able to track down a lot of string players lately. Horns -- no problem. I am looking for someone who can come up with a part.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check into them.
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

soundbetter.com

Luke is good as is Maria Grig as are many others
Old 14th July 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post

a little john mayer going on here

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search