The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for a new studio home in NYC
Old 5th February 2018
Gear Maniac

Looking for a new studio home in NYC

Hey All,

I hope this is the right place for this post..

I've come to the realization that my studio partner of 7 or so years is not interested in pursuing the business any longer, and that all of my hard work on the studio itself has been for nothing. Frustrating, to say the least.

So a friend and I are putting the feelers out for like-minded people who have space, need gear, want to expand, etc. We have a whole studio infrastructure that we're looking to relocate to a better situation. I'm attaching my gear list and hope to find a situation where it would be a good fit. My associate has a lot of high end gear to bring to the table, but I'll list that when I find a promising situation.

We're open to any ideas, locations (within reason), and different scenarios that could be workable, profitable and/or a stress free environment.

About me: I started out as a career audio engineer in the late 1990's, working in world class studios with big name artists. Mostly hip-hop at the time, with some live bands as well. I've since built my own studio and went on to own my own unrelated business that had a good bit of success. A bulk of my money then went into.. you guessed it.. audio gear, which I've been accruing ever since.

About my associate: A career audio engineer for over 25 years, both live and in the studio. He has engineered countless acts as FOH, monitor and in the studio. He's accrued gold and/or platinum records and has quite an impressive track record, as well as a laundry list of top notch gear.

Why don't we just rent a space and build a studio? Basically we know what it's like to find suitable music-friendly space in NYC, let alone affordable. So we're looking for something that perhaps is a work in progress, looking to expand, or just an overall situation that could be the right fit. Finding a space and starting from scratch is certainly not out of the question, as we do have the knowledge, skills and experience to do so.

Thanks for reading and don't hesitate to get in touch with your ideas or suggestions.

Best,
Lou
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lou Studio Gear Etc.pdf (25.3 KB, 52 views)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search