The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Opportunity for engineers to gain experience & mix modern Trap Songs
Old 29th November 2017
Here for the gear

Opportunity for engineers to gain experience & mix modern Trap Songs

Hi there,

So I have been making beats for about 4 years now with so-so experience in mixing. My mixing skills have been good enough so far for all intents & purposes but recently I started collaborating with some rappers and I realize it is impossible (or very very hard) to keep on making beats while ensuring professional sounding mixes, especially with vocal processing on top of everything.

Seeing how this board is full of upcoming engineers I wonder if there is anyone here who would like to give it a shot and get some hands-on experience helping out with some of our mixes.
I am most happy to pay you with due credits but monetary compensation is out of the question at this point.

Here is an some example of what I came up with so far:

OG Hand On The Pump 2 by E.Mollusk | E Mollusk | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Vocals are split into adlibs/hook/verse and for the beats I can provide trackouts for two of those songs.

Any feedback for glaring mistakes or interest in collaborations are warmly welcomed <3
Old 5th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Check your Inbox!
Old 7th December 2017
Share the multi-tracks and let the people download & mix them a la mix-off, then keep your favourites
Old 8th December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Share the multi-tracks and let the people download & mix them a la mix-off, then keep your favourites

That's a great idea!

Here is a link to the trackout of the beat + two different vocal takes + a version of my own mix, so you know about the creative direction.

Looking forward to some submissions!
Old 8th December 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
That's a great idea!

Here is a link to the trackout of the beat + two different vocal takes + a version of my own mix, so you know about the creative direction.

Looking forward to some submissions!
Link missing
Old 10th December 2017
Here for the gear

Woooops
there you go

Trackout HOTP - Google Drive
Old 10th December 2017
Quote:
Woooops
there you go

Trackout HOTP - Google Drive
Don't you have the original WAV vocals? Makes a lot of difference from MP3
Old 10th December 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Don't you have the original WAV vocals? Makes a lot of difference from MP3

If you navigate through the drive folder to "Hand on the Pump Vocals Take 1", there you can find .Wav files of the vocal takes. Take 2 is mp3. only unfortunately
Old 10th December 2017
Quote:
If you navigate through the drive folder to "Hand on the Pump Vocals Take 1", there you can find .Wav files of the vocal takes. Take 2 is mp3. only unfortunately
Oh cool, now I see them
Old 11th December 2017
Here for the gear

Hey, I'll mix it and give it my best. But the vocal take 1 is unusable, because the files are distorted and you didn't export the vocal tracks apprioprately, because they are not timed to the beat, they all start at the beggining of the project.
Old 9th March 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi there,

So I have been making beats for about 4 years now with so-so experience in mixing. My mixing skills have been good enough so far for all intents & purposes but recently I started collaborating with some rappers and I realize it is impossible (or very very hard) to keep on making beats while ensuring professional sounding mixes, especially with vocal processing on top of everything.

Seeing how this board is full of upcoming engineers I wonder if there is anyone here who would like to give it a shot and get some hands-on experience helping out with some of our mixes.
I am most happy to pay you with due credits but monetary compensation is out of the question at this point.

Here is an some example of what I came up with so far:

OG Hand On The Pump 2 by E.Mollusk | E Mollusk | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Vocals are split into adlibs/hook/verse and for the beats I can provide trackouts for two of those songs.

Any feedback for glaring mistakes or interest in collaborations are warmly welcomed <3

Sure! I could use the experience if this opportunity is still available!
Old 1st May 2018
Here for the gear

Im gonna give it a shot but yeah , the vocals were recorded pretty distorted , as if you either used a very cheap mic, or your mic's capsule is blown, or some other variable , But I'll take it on for some practice work.
Old 14th August 2018
Gear Nut
That bad vocal take may limit some sound styles, but there's no reason the mix can't still come out really good, if not great.It all boils down to what you do with it. And I, for one, have been known to polish some serious gravel.
Old 14th August 2018
Gear Nut
By the way, did you get your remix yet?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search