The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for Vocalists for a Funky-pop song
Old 24th October 2017
Here for the gear

Looking for Vocalists for a Funky-pop song

Hello to all Gearslutz members,

First of all, thank you for creating such great forum.
We had been on Gearslutz for a while and witnessed lots of wonderful helps & support in music all around the world.

We are Red Hood records, a production house based in Vietnam but have very honest interests in English songs. One of our BOD graduated from Middlesex University UK in audio production and engineering, greatly influenced by the Western music.
Currently we are making a record written in English, in the style of funky groove with dance-able bass line. Still we have not found any suitable vocalists for our song.

We think that it is going to be a wonderful chance if we could collaborate internationally. The South East Asia market for Western Music is growing really well and it is time for putting out records in English for regional reputation. Please refer to this link for demonstration of our song.
If you are interested in our project, please let us know by this email: [email protected]

Please refer to this link for demo:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzw...ew?usp=sharing

Have a wonderful day!

Red Hood Records.
Old 13th November 2017
Here for the gear

Love the track if you ever want a female singer for a similar funky track message me.
Old 20th November 2017
Lives for gear
It is a cool track, hope my vocal is of some use to you guys.
Old 24th November 2017
Lives for gear
Ok, so since I sent these guys the vocal I recorded for them (about a week ago), I have not heard a thing. Not even a "thanks for the vocal" and I know they downloaded it.

I also told them it was cool if they decide not to use it, so they don't need to avoid me out of embarrassment to say "thanks, but not quite what we are looking for". I have emailed them and PM'd them and no reply.

Hoping there is a reason and not simply rudeness or simply a "rip off" scenario. I advise caution for anyone else.
Old 14th December 2017
Lives for gear
Still no reply to my PM's or emails. They basically got my vocal and ran. May be I'm a hit in Vietnam and don't know it? haha
Old 16th December 2017
Gear Guru

did you send them a mix (your vocal and backing track) with your vocal in it or an isolated track of vocals ??? if door #1 , then they could not use it .. if door #2 then oops .. you are a Star in Saigon baby !!! LOL ...
Old 16th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
did you send them a mix (your vocal and backing track) with your vocal in it or an isolated track of vocals ??? if door #1 , then they could not use it .. if door #2 then oops .. you are a Star in Saigon baby !!! LOL ...
The second option. I didn't even think of doing the first option, but I was not really after a "deal", if was meant to be a collaboration. I was expecting a thank you or at the least a thank you, but it's not quite right, but to be ignored is simply so rude.

I do have a friend in that neck of the woods, I'll ask him to listen out for me!
Old 16th December 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Funk View Post
The second option. I didn't even think of doing the first option, but I was not really after a "deal", if was meant to be a collaboration. I was expecting a thank you or at the least a thank you, but it's not quite right, but to be ignored is simply so rude.

I do have a friend in that neck of the woods, I'll ask him to listen out for me!
Milk it .. maybe you can get a southeast asian Tour out of it !!!

Last edited by jwh1192; 17th December 2017 at 01:59 AM..
Old 22nd February 2018
Gear Head

Hello i am singerif you are interested..You can check my samples
record sing professional male vocals song | Fiverr
Old 9th May 2018
Lives for gear
The plot thickens. Just had PM saying they never received my vocal and asking if I can send again, yet i still have the wetransfer email saying they had downloaded them. Hmmm
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search