The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Looking for like-minded individuals
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Addict

Looking for like-minded individuals

Hey guys,

I have set ambitious goals for myself for the new year that involve releasing the highest quality projects as possible and trying to successfully submit tracks to established artists.

If anyone here has set similar goals, please feel free to PM me and we can go from there. Mainly, I'm looking for someone to hold me accountable, so I can do likewise.

DK
Old 6th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkelloway View Post
Hey guys,

I have set ambitious goals for myself for the new year that involve releasing the highest quality projects as possible and trying to successfully submit tracks to established artists.

If anyone here has set similar goals, please feel free to PM me and we can go from there. Mainly, I'm looking for someone to hold me accountable, so I can do likewise.

DK
Any goals you can share? Plans to do it? Any material already out there? A budget?
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godson View Post
Any goals you can share? Plans to do it? Any material already out there? A budget?
Some of my goals are to submit my music for new major label projects and I plan on doing so by expanding my network and improving my product. In order to do so I need to build my resume and expand my sales as I'm finally confident in my product.

I do have a budget, but I will spend whatever it takes, it's an investment in my career. Again, PM me if you're interested in pushing me and for me to do the same to you.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godson View Post
This.

For some people, you gotta give more info about yourself, your endeavours, your ideas, some incentives, anything to get someone remotely encouraged before it will even be worth sending you a PM.

Nothing against you personally, but there's a lot of people on here trying to put some muscle behind their hustle... What makes you any different than all the other people here who have set some ambitious goals for themselves this year? If you're interested in receiving serious PM's from people who can really be of benefit to you, you gotta give them more to go on so they at least have an idea of whether or not you'll be of any benefit to them. Otherwise it's pretty much the equivalent to going on a blind date. You don't want to open up communications between somebody if it isn't even going to be worth the bother.
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PettyCash View Post
This.

For some people, you gotta give more info about yourself, your endeavours, your ideas, some incentives, anything to get someone remotely encouraged before it will even be worth sending you a PM.

Nothing against you personally, but there's a lot of people on here trying to put some muscle behind their hustle... What makes you any different than all the other people here who have set some ambitious goals for themselves this year? If you're interested in receiving serious PM's from people who can really be of benefit to you, you gotta give them more to go on so they at least have an idea of whether or not you'll be of any benefit to them. Otherwise it's pretty much the equivalent to going on a blind date. You don't want to open up communications between somebody if it isn't even going to be worth the bother.
Thanks for the feedback. I will post some more shortly, but I'm wary of doing so openly as it is proven that those who say they're going to do so openly are much likely to fail to follow-through on their goals. However, the idea does scare me, so I will.
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

I must agree with @PettyCash on this one.

Realistically thinking there are probably about 2 million Beat Makers/Producers trying to do the same thing now a days within the redundancy of producers out there. Even some known so called 'Super Producers' who have had established names still try to pitch new tracks for placement with the current rappers because they know that in the business of Music Production 'You are Only as Good as your Last Hit' and keeping the momentum is the key to success.

Note:

Sales of Music Cd's/mp3's are down once again from 2015 to 2016 just like it's been falling since 2005 on an average of 7.5% each year (82.5% total fall so far)..

The Major 4 labels for Distribution (Universal, Sony, Warner Bros and EMI) are now only 3 Majors left since 2012 and there was once at time there were 6 Major's back in the 80's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_label

I don't want to always be the pessimistic person but now a days people in this biz need to be real with one another because there is to much nonsense occurring. Once you factor in the saturation of rappers now depending on streams that pay only $0.0006/stream or $0.0005/stream on a Worldwide average What Apple Music Pays In Every Country, Worldwide

Most people would want to know what 'You' might have that could obtain for success from high quality projects considering that plenty are scrambling around to obtain a good source of revenue altogether from music these days?

Of course understanding that If the Artist is having a difficult time it affects the label they are signed to and the manager (Spending budgets) they have to even consider paying reasonable fees to Producers in these times.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search