The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Having recording/monitoring issues with Reaper, please help. :C
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

Having recording/monitoring issues with Reaper, please help. :C

Hello Gearslutz!

I am having some issues with Reaper, that I can't figure out for the life of me. I'll keep it to the point...

When I try to record to a new track, it is not recording my input...Instead...When I arm a track to record and try to record something...it records ALL the other tracks in the project to that one track.

I have tried restarting both Reaper and my computer.
I've tried starting a completely new project and it does the same thing (I loaded in a track from another project to test).

I have no tracks sending or bussing to it (I couldn't, because it does this with freshly created tracks and even brand new projects).

I don't -think- it's an interface issue, because I can still hear what I'm playing through the monitoring. Unless there is an issue with Reaper communicating with my interface, but that wouldn't explain why it's suddenly trying to record itself.

I believe I may have bonked something up in the Preferences, while trying to fix some latency issues.

I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find any information about how to fix this.

I'm using the latest version of Reaper (just updated two days ago) and a Tascam US-122mkII interface.

Plugins I am using on the project (not sure if it matters, because it's doing it on new projects):
TSE 808 v2.0
NC 8505 Lead
Poulin LeCab2
AfterShockDelay
X-Cita
RedShift Pickup Replace 1.0
LeCto
Le456
...and some other manufacturer Rea plugins (EQ, etc.)

System (Again, not sure if it matters, but I frequently see that specs are the first thing asked for):

Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core 2 Dup E8500 (3.16GHz)
4 Gigs Patriot Low Latency RAM

Help me Gearslutz, you're my only hope.
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

A little bump here...Can anyone help me with this?
Old 26th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loc View Post
What input are you choosing for the track? What's the default? I use Reaper, and have never seen this behavior except when I was specifically setting it up with a loopback from output to input on the interface, for latency calibration.
Old 26th February 2014
Here for the gear

On the track itself, I have Input: Mono, from the US-122 MKII Left Line-in. From Preferences, I'm using ASIO Audio System, with Enabled Inputs running with US-122 MKII in L as the first and US-122 MKII in R as the last.

I'm legitimately stumped by this, I've been using Reaper for quite some time, as well, and have never seen this occur. :C
Old 28th February 2014
Here for the gear

Another bump. Still desperately need help with this, if anyone can afford it.
Old 10th July 2014
Here for the gear

h guys i have a little problem with reaper
when i want to record it i should clik to the virtual keybord to record but i had not such problem in live
any souloution?
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymclass.heroes View Post
h guys i have a little problem with reaper
when i want to record it i should clik to the virtual keybord to record but i had not such problem in live
any souloution?
If you mean the virtual keyboard which uses your computer keyboard to emulate a piano keyboard, if you right-click the keyboard (not actually on a key) there is an option to make the virtual keyboard respond to keyboard input even if the window is not in focus. This is useful for certain types of automation work, where you have one hand on the keyboard entering notes while the other hand is on the mouse controlling a plugin (you get away from that kind of thing if you have an actual MIDI controller). With this option not set, the keyboard window must be in focus in order to register keystrokes. With it turned on, you can view any other window while entering notes, but keyboard shortcuts meant for the window in focus won't work.
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Another bump. Still desperately need help with this, if anyone can afford it.
The only thing I can think of is that somewhere between your interface and the DAW, the fact that you want to record on inputs 1 and 2 is being ignored, and the DAW is instead being given the playback signal as a recording signal. However, ASIO completely bypasses the Windows audio libraries and communicates directly with the device and its USB port, so none of the OS settings you have should matter (except that ASIO cannot change the device settings of the interface if it's being used by another program).

So if you are 100% sure that Reaper is communicating with your interface via ASIO, and all of the settings and driver status indicators show it's all good, the only remaining reason for the behavior is that you have a physical loopback connection at the interface.

If you have any sort of mixer or other device between your mics and the interface that you're using to route ins and outs, it's possible that you don't have it configured properly and you're putting the interface's output onto the mixer bus that's feeding the interface.

If you're still having this problem, can I get a picture of your setup, with the cables to and from your interface clearly laid out?
Old 27th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liko View Post
Quote:
What input are you choosing for the track? What's the default? I use Reaper, and have never seen this behavior except when I was specifically setting it up with a loopback from output to input on the interface, for latency calibration.
I'm having the same issue, and I CANNOT change the input from mono to stereo. I CAN change it to None or MIDI, but then I can't get back to Mono OR Stereo until I restart reaper without saving. But the main problem is NOTHING records. All of a sudden it just stopped recording. I changed back from the 4cm method to a direct connection from the amp, but no change. VERY VERY frustrating!! Seems like Reaper was a waste of money.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search