The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
BIG problem w/ Reaper
Old 16th June 2020
Here for the gear

BIG problem w/ Reaper

I've used Reaper for several year, love it, love the UI, the workflow, everything. However, in the last month it's started hiccuping whenever the fx window is opened on an individual track. It immediately freezes and crashes, it won't even show the effect GUI, just a transparent screen where it should be.

**EDIT - running a windows 10 machine. Alienware Area51. Machine is connected to the internet.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling literally everything down to the ASIO4ALL drivers. All plugin platforms (Melda, Izotope, Waves, PA, etc..), Reaper, everything.

It does this in existing projects and it does this in new projects.

I've tried clearing the cache, rescanning - nothing.
I've tried selecting "bypass audio while operning plug-in config window (good for some non threadsafe VSTs) - nothing
I've tried disabling ReWire/enabling ReWire - nothing.

I'm at my wits end on this one.

What in the world could be the culprit here?
My work and progress on projects has come to a grinding halt for over a week now.

Thanks,
Old 17th June 2020
Gear Guru

I'm not a windows user, but see if any of this helps.

https://forums.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197130
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

In case someone else runs into this;

"Plugins can be set to run in a separate process or a dedicated process per plugin. So if a plugin crashes, only the plugin process crashes, not Reaper. You can run a plugin in this way by right-clicking it in the list of fx in the fx browser and going to 'Run as'. If you suspect a particular plugin to be causing crashing, run it in a dedicated process to see if it crashes."

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212157

Of the one's you mentioned, I know at least Melda has GPU acceleration setting (maybe others, too), you might want to try turning that off.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

a friend be having issues running reaper on windows-10
he puts it down to a recent windows intel display driver update
.. he rolled back to the previous intel driver update ..
and .. all be well ..
`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creative Curator View Post
I've used Reaper for several year, love it, love the UI, the workflow, everything. However, in the last month it's started hiccuping whenever the fx window is opened on an individual track. It immediately freezes and crashes, it won't even show the effect GUI, just a transparent screen where it should be.

**EDIT - running a windows 10 machine. Alienware Area51. Machine is connected to the internet.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling literally everything down to the ASIO4ALL drivers. All plugin platforms (Melda, Izotope, Waves, PA, etc..), Reaper, everything.

It does this in existing projects and it does this in new projects.

I've tried clearing the cache, rescanning - nothing.
I've tried selecting "bypass audio while operning plug-in config window (good for some non threadsafe VSTs) - nothing
I've tried disabling ReWire/enabling ReWire - nothing.

I'm at my wits end on this one.

What in the world could be the culprit here?
My work and progress on projects has come to a grinding halt for over a week now.

Thanks,
get some canned air or use an air compressor, and blow out the fan vents. See if that helps. Also, if you're up to it, open her up and with an paint brush, clean the fan, as air alone wont get all the crud that builds up on the fan blades of the CPU and Graphics Processor. It doesn't take long for it to build. up
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear