The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Global Latency - where do I turn it on?
Old 9th October 2019
Here for the gear
Question Global Latency - where do I turn it on?

Hi all,

I would like to use Reaper as a stand alone plugin host. (So a lot of inputs, that are routed through different plugins and back out where the came from). A outboard rack of plugins so to speak.

Reaper seems to be extremely stable even with very low buffer size - BUT I can't find a way to set a global delay compensation.

In my tests I have set up an INSERT Channel (Input mon. only) with a plugin with no or at least very, very low latency and another INSERT Channel, with a plugin with higher (200-300 samples) latency. And I can't seem to get those to "on the same page" latency with. The first one have a low latency and the second one a higher.

I would like to have ALL channels aligned to the plugin that have the most latency. So that ALL channels have a high latency. This will make it much easier to implement with the rest of my setup as I only have to account for one number.

If need be, I can type in added latency manually to those channels that don't have any latency - but it will be a hassle to maintain, and I can't seem to find that either.

Please help.

Kind regards

Peter, Denmark.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I can't say I remember noticing any setting which refer to a global delay calculation being added to other tracks. it would be nice to get to such a baseline by toggling a preference. then if some additional parameter also for positive and negative delays could also appear, that could be close to ideal. so if you move one Track delay to the negative, all the others would be technically adding equal amounts of additional delay.

this page is worth a look. but it isn't really addressing the specific question, it poses other important additional ones.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=178915

Last edited by Muser; 3 weeks ago at 05:46 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search