The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reaper auto-start recording - hardware looper's like.
Old 13th September 2019
Here for the gear

Reaper auto-start recording - hardware looper's like.

Hi,

One of the features that I frequently use in my Boss RC-300 looper is Auto-Start, which allows recording to start when the looper detects an adjustable threshold audio signal at input.
Is that possible in Reaper or any other DAW?
I am not talking about auto-punch. pre-roll or anything like that, I already know that and it is useful but it is not what I am looking for. That means that reaper should sense audio input and start to record just when I play the first note in guitar, voice (or any audio input)

Since I had the RC-50 13 years ago and more recently the RC-300 and other loopers, that feature has helped me especially when I have the guitar in my hands and an idea arrives on the fly and I don't want to press buttons except to choose a track.

If this is possible I would like to know how to implement it, or if it can be achieved with some software inside Reaper or whatever! And if it is not possible with Reaper, what other DAW can do?

Thanks.
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Guru

can't say I've seen it in Reaper. the trigger method is often called, Event. in the Event there is an Event, either a Midi event or Audio exceeds a defined threshold, start recording.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search