The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
When do we get drum notation in REAPER?
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

When do we get drum notation in REAPER?

Yes – when?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE REAPER. Their implementation of staff (notation) view was the only thing that was missing. I still don't understand why they omitted standard drum notation though, when other staffs are clearly present. Until they do I will have to stick with a competing DAW.
Old 27th August 2019
Here for the gear
Reaper's Midi editor had a "drum mode" where notes look like tilted squares. Not sure if that's what you meant but in my case it's good enough.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1810 View Post
Reaper's Midi editor had a "drum mode" where notes look like tilted squares. Not sure if that's what you meant but in my case it's good enough.
No, that's not what I mean. There is standardized drum notation used in books and sheet music since forever, and that's also how I write. For some reason this is yet not present in Reaper, and thus I have to use other DAWs until drum notation becomes available.

Some state "well, just use the piano roll". I am yet to find any educational books featuring the piano roll, or, say, violinists reading from their piano roll sheets on stage.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search