The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Reaper/Other DAWs Crashing When Scanning 3rd Party VST
Old 19th June 2019
Here for the gear

Reaper/Other DAWs Crashing When Scanning 3rd Party VST

SOLVED BY STL

I decided to go down the plugin route for home recording and downloaded the STL tonality Bill Putney pack as I love Diezel amps and my D-Moll has been in the shop for months

Unfortunately, Reaper/Studio One/LMMS won't load the plugin. To troubleshoot, I have reinstalled the plugin and Reaper several times and restarted my computer. I changed the plugin paths multiple times to be within Reaper's subfolders, in my documents folder, and on a different harddrive. When I clear cache/re-scan, Reaper immediately freezes when it gets to that VST. I have a feeling it must be something going on with my computer as I have found no other occurrences of this online. I have an I7 2600k and 16gbs of ram. Reaper is installed on a SSD. So, I do not think it is a speed issue.

Studio one and LMMS do not freeze, but load indefinitely when they begin to load the plugin. I have tried another VST (Neural Fortin nameless) with the same result.

SOLVED BY STL

I needed to have ilok installed. Thanks!

Last edited by WildElixir; 19th June 2019 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Resolved

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search