The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Axiom Air Mini 32 and Reaper
Old 18th February 2019
Gear Head

Axiom Air Mini 32 and Reaper

I want to buy a MIDI controller to use with Reaper. Apparently, Nektar Impact LX25+ is Reaper ready and well regarded.

However, having 32 keys and extra bells and whistles of the Axiom caught my attention. Since M-Audio didn’t release mapping to Reaper, is it possible to make it fully functional?

If it isn’t I’ll have to stick with the Impact.

All best!
Old 20th February 2019
Gear Head

Hello! No one? :(
Old 20th February 2019
Gear Head

It can work with Reaper, but you will need to take the time to assign the buttons/sliders/controllers to the DAW functions you want.

There is a lot of info out there for Axiom/Reaper setup, check the Reaper forum. Some of that info will depend on what generation Axiom you may get.

I use a Nektar Panorama P1 for mixing/transport/and some plugin adjustments. It came with Reaper integration, so it works quite well. Anything else I need, I assign to knobs and/or sliders on an Akai MPD218 or my Yamaha S30 synth.

M-Audio Axiom and Reaper - Cockos Incorporated Forums

M Audio Axiom with Reaper - Google Search
Old 20th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmihe View Post
It can work with Reaper, but you will need to take the time to assign the buttons/sliders/controllers to the DAW functions you want.

There is a lot of info out there for Axiom/Reaper setup, check the Reaper forum. Some of that info will depend on what generation Axiom you may get.

I use a Nektar Panorama P1 for mixing/transport/and some plugin adjustments. It came with Reaper integration, so it works quite well. Anything else I need, I assign to knobs and/or sliders on an Akai MPD218 or my Yamaha S30 synth.

M-Audio Axiom and Reaper - Cockos Incorporated Forums

M Audio Axiom with Reaper - Google Search
Thanks for your answer and effort.

I have done my research, actually, but I couldn't get an answer as if I could use the Axiom 32 to its full potential. I know I can map it to Reaper, but can I map it all? Will I lose something?

Axiom 32 is from the new gen of M-Audio MIDI Controllers, so I'd love to receive some feedback from fellow users. This topic you kindly listed is from 2009/2012... it helps, but doesn't answer my question, actually.

I'm a noob when it comes to MIDI stuff. Researching and talking to some people, I got the information that all MIDI can be mapped, so this broadens my search to other controllers.

Thanks again! All best!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search