The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Just discovered Item FX: whoa!
Old 17th February 2019
Lives for gear
Just discovered Item FX: whoa!

YouTube

I can't believe how much of a game-changer this is. I always hated drawing in automation for mundane stuff on certain parts, etc.

So much cleaner than a million coloured lines zigzagging all over my screen.
Old 18th February 2019
Gear Addict

What I'd love to see (maybe it's already available in Reaper, I haven't researched deeply enough to know) is selection-based processing, where you can apply FX to a selection within an item. Some other DAWS (e.g., Logic) have this feature.

Currently I use automation to do this in Reaper and that works fine, but it would be cool to be able to select a portion of an item and apply FX to that portion without having to open the envelope and draw automation.
Old 19th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh View Post
What I'd love to see (maybe it's already available in Reaper, I haven't researched deeply enough to know) is selection-based processing, where you can apply FX to a selection within an item. Some other DAWS (e.g., Logic) have this feature.

Currently I use automation to do this in Reaper and that works fine, but it would be cool to be able to select a portion of an item and apply FX to that portion without having to open the envelope and draw automation.
Well, you can.

You just have to split item first at your selection points, then crossfade to start and/or stop before the newly-created next item comes up.

That's what's so cool about this.
Old 19th February 2019
Lives for gear

Is there a daw that doesn’t do this?

Studio One and (if I remember correctly) protools both do it as well..
Old 19th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Is there a daw that doesn’t do this?

Studio One and (if I remember correctly) protools both do it as well..
Who knows, I've been using my DAW like a tape machine for so long, it can probably roll me a doob and make a pot of coffee now too.
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravyface View Post
So much cleaner than a million coloured lines zigzagging all over my screen.
Seeing this reminded me of one of my most used SWS commands. Show hide all envelopes. My apologies if you are already hip to it.
I have 2 buttons on my toolbar to show/hide all the envelopes. I love automation but I love a clean screen even more!

Last edited by funkycam; 7th March 2019 at 07:05 PM..
Old 10th March 2019
Gear Guru

when it comes to midi instruments, you can also use a bunch of midi tracks set up as midi tracks, nested within a folder track. and each of those tracks can have independent Pre FX loaded with Piz Midi FX. this means only one synth can loaded but with a few different tracks listening for midi from different external midi devices. I do that a lot.

but I haven't tried combining it with Item FX on the main folder track yet. though it may well work out fine with that too.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search