The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Multichannel Limiter VST
Old 4th February 2019
Here for the gear

Multichannel Limiter VST

Hi all,
I made some search and even I found very similar questions, nothing has helped me. I also didn't find a category directly related to VSTs, so here I am writing in the category relative to the DAW I'm currently using.

So here's what I got:

- 4 separate tracks routed to another one
- that on tracks, has the reaSurround plugin, which controls the 4 track in a quadriphonic setup.
- I need a limiter that can operate on that one track that can have 4 ch in and 4 ch out, keeping the quadriphony, I mean (if I use stereo only plugins, it will reduce the channel to 2).
Honestly I'd prefer a plugin that actually has this feature, but even a workaround would be appreciated

Thank you
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Head

Voxengo Elephant can do up to 8 channels.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Guru

Airwindows plugins look to come up as multichannel IO. you can use them free but I'm not sure if they have a limiter. I assume the same processing would be being applied to the channels independently while acting with one interface.

I have noticed that if I nest a multi channel outputting plugin instrument in a folder of another track, as you send each of the multitracks from the nested track, to that main folder track, the folder tracks receives populate as you send those channels to the track. and they default to fold down to one LR pair. which then allowed a single plugin to act on the combined whole. which worked for my use case.

I was also able to place a few Reagates on that nested multitrack and, direct each to be picking up the IO from the drum machine type instrument preceding them. so I was able to get independent plugins sniffing out the mutli channels coming from the single instrument. and have them all reside in the same track.

you can also keep nesting racks within folders of tracks and nest all those in another track.

so I infere from all this that any multy channel IO limiter should be able to do what you need. just not sure if Airwindows have one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search