The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mono Tracks in Reaper
Old 16th September 2018
Gear Head

Mono Tracks in Reaper

Hello together,

After many years using Pro Tools I want to try the switch to reaper. But i need some tips regarding the lack of mono tracks.

I have always used my own fixed template in pro tools and i will do the same in reaper.

I guess i can set everything up once and use it then always.

I use UAD a lot and can save a lot of DSP with using the mono versions on mono tracks.

Do i need to pay any special attention regarding sends and the use of mono plugins?

Thanks
Old 18th September 2018
Gear Head

Moderator can delete this thread.

I will stay with Pro Tools.
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Guru

just created a new track. it looks like setting the input to mono is possible. or when inserting a track send, the ability to select or create new mono sources, and also destinations. can't attest to this in operation as yet though but it's theoretically comprehensive. it seems logical to create a few project level FX chains and save them as template tracks.
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski666 View Post
I will stay with Pro Tools.
Too bad.
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmike View Post
Too bad.
Thanks for your helpful insight.
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Why not use PT and Reaper? In Reaper create an empty track - save it as a track template by right clicking the track. Assign a 'shortcut' so you can load the template. "Save Tracks as Tracks Template" Or you can save a project template. Or use 'macro' also/or 'repeat previous template'. I do not see why it wouldn't work.

If it was about the in/out routing in the matrix it should save that too > make that default in project settings...?

You have many choices in Preferences>Audio Device Settings; such as 1 or 2 (more too) input/output channels. If you click on tracks input / set it to Mono or Stereo or Midi etc. gl

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search