The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Any Reaper/Console 1 users?
Old 20th September 2017
Lives for gear
Any Reaper/Console 1 users?

Looks like version 5.5 added "support VST3 extended functionality with Softube Console 1"

Curious to know how seamless it was/will be, with this new version of Reaper.
Old 21st September 2017
I haven't done any heavy work on it yet as I'm on S1 mostly, but testing was as smooth as can be. Both on W10 and Sierra.
Old 23rd September 2017
Lives for gear

I'm a reaper user on Mac os10 does this mean reaper now supports console 1 track naming??
Old 30th September 2017
I installed the latest version of Reaper and Console 1, and the integration does not work at all on my setup... no track naming, mute, solo, or any other features... nada. Perhaps I need to do some configuring or enabling of the integration somewhere? No documentation to be found either, unless it is hiding in plain sight.

When Studio One and C1 integration came out, it was pretty much plug and play, and worked smoothly, do that was what I expected, but so far, no luck. Will fill out support tickets when I get time.

EDIT: Ok, it's working for me now... I feel stupid, I just needed to use the VST3 plug instead of the VST, and that solved it. Integration seems to be working pretty nicely so far, although I haven't really mixed with it, just some light testing of the controls. Nice!

Last edited by Emmett_Brown; 30th September 2017 at 12:50 PM..
Old 31st October 2017
Reaper Console 1 user here and the integration has been working for months now.
The issue is most people don't know to use the VST3 Console 1 in reaper and not the VST2 file. Been using it for all my projects both major and indie and am never going back lol
Old 12th November 2017
Lives for gear

Can you guys tell me what is your favorite VST with the Console1? Has it changed your workflow and have you started using it instead of a lot of other VST's? I want to keep the talk going on this setup for Reaper users
Old 18th November 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
Can you guys tell me what is your favorite VST with the Console1? Has it changed your workflow and have you started using it instead of a lot of other VST's? I want to keep the talk going on this setup for Reaper users
I'm interested in this also. I've been eyeing the console 1 since i've heard of it and the integration with reaper would be a game changer depending on how well it works... Sadly I've found no in depth video or something covering this topic...
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

I actually ended up getting a Console1 this week and am working with it right now so if you have any questions just throw them up here because this thread is obviously a bust.

It's probably better than you can imagine especially with Reaper. I've only used the VST3 Console plugin and it has worked since go for me. Obviously there is a workflow change that I'm going to have to get used to but the system is insanely awesome. I wouldn't have liked it if it didn't at a minimum have the name integration though because that's why you don't have to look at the Reaper screen and use your mouse so that was really important.

So far I like a mix of the SSl 9000 with the Shape section of the original SSL because it's the only one with the Transient Designer and it rocks. I'm not digging on the Neve, which is surprising, or the Summit Audio. I also have a lot of UAD plugins so it's really awesome to have that too but I haven't dived in on any combos that might be super cool so far with the UAD stuff but will soon.
Old 11th December 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
I actually ended up getting a Console1 this week and am working with it right now so if you have any questions just throw them up here because this thread is obviously a bust.

It's probably better than you can imagine especially with Reaper. I've only used the VST3 Console plugin and it has worked since go for me. Obviously there is a workflow change that I'm going to have to get used to but the system is insanely awesome. I wouldn't have liked it if it didn't at a minimum have the name integration though because that's why you don't have to look at the Reaper screen and use your mouse so that was really important.

So far I like a mix of the SSl 9000 with the Shape section of the original SSL because it's the only one with the Transient Designer and it rocks. I'm not digging on the Neve, which is surprising, or the Summit Audio. I also have a lot of UAD plugins so it's really awesome to have that too but I haven't dived in on any combos that might be super cool so far with the UAD stuff but will soon.
Nice.

Do you have the Mark 2?

I wish there was a little more cross-licensing/collaboration between the plugin vendors; would be cool to see Slate stuff ported over (which is kind of collecting dust right now for me since I picked up the SoundToys 5 bundle).
Old 12th December 2017
Lives for gear

I do have the MKII. I doubt Softube is going anywhere else besides UAD because Softube software is already getting ported to UAD so they are working together already. They aren't porting the UAD channel strips so I don't think they want to let too many to the party to compete with them selling plugins.
Old 15th January 2018
Gear Addict

+1 on the Console 1 MKII + Reaper latest setup. I use it every day at work and in my home studio, and it works beautifully. I wish they'd make a post-focused channel strip (I'm using the SSL 9000 with character at 0 right now), but aside from that I'm pretty content with it.
Old 17th July 2018
Lives for gear

can anyone tell me if it's possible to switch off the integration of fader/pan within the reaper/console1 combo? I'd rather have console1 do its own plugin fader/pan and leave reaper's alone (because... airwindows)...

however I would indeed still want the track follow etc
Old 17th July 2018
Lives for gear

I will try and figure this out on my setup but why would you do this?
Old 18th July 2018
Lives for gear

because airwindows console plugins need (or at least, should ideally have) the actual reaper fader/pan to be at unity as in reaper there are no post-fader vst slots.

so you use a gain/pan plugin before airwindows console, then leave reaper's fader/pan at unity. Console 1 has gain/pan built in doesn't it? so I'd rather it did that and left reaper's ones alone...

this is me as prospective buyer, wondering if it'll work how i'd like it to...

Last edited by mutetourettes; 18th July 2018 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: typos
Old 18th July 2019
Anyone figured out how to turn off Console 1 on unused projects when using project tabs in Reaper? Right now I can't use C1 on multiple projects open at once, as the non active are still showing up in C1.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

In order to use multiple projects tabs and Console 1 together has been to only have the active/focused project tab's set of Console 1's status' set to active and the non-active project tabs set of Console 1's set to offline
Quickest way I found was to go to the Project Bay to view |Plug-in name|Status|... and right click on Console 1 Status and select Offline to toggle the plugin for all tracks its on.
Or you could right a script to toggle the fx, SWS/S&M: Toggle FX [1 thru 8] online/offline for selected track(s)S&M_FXOFF1 ...S&M_FXOFF8, when the plugin name is found for the fx slot its on.
Best of luck.

Last edited by Cooziez; 5 days ago at 07:06 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooziez View Post
In order to use multiple projects tabs and Console 1 together has been to only have the active/focused project tab's set of Console 1's status' set to active and the non-active project tabs set of Console 1's set to offline
Quickest way I found was to go to the Project Bay to view |Plug-in name|Status|... and right click on Console 1 Status and select Offline to toggle the plugin for all tracks its on.
Or you could right a script to toggle the fx, SWS/S&M: Toggle FX [1 thru 8] online/offline for selected track(s)S&M_FXOFF1 ...S&M_FXOFF8, when the plugin name is found for the fx slot its on.
Best of luck.
Found it, it works! THANK YOU!

Last edited by cyjanopan; 4 days ago at 09:21 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search